Home Cigar 101

Infused box?!

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
I ordered some boxes to put into my cooler-dor and one (okay, actually 3) is infused for crying out loud. I know it was advertised as a random pick of boxes but I wasn't mentally prepared for infused boxes to show up. Bummer!

One of the 3 infused is actually a really nice, cool box (acid something or other). I'd like to try to salvage it. I've washed it with soap and filled it with crumpled newspaper. It's been 24 hours and nothing (no surprise).

As it is it's worth nothing to me so I'm up for any suggestions as to how to get the smell out. Any ideas??? BTW, if anyone wants the other 2 infused boxes give me a pm, I'm not going to try to save them.

Comments

• leonardleonard Posts: 359
    You bought empty boxes or are they full?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try putting an open box of baking soda in it for a few days. It worked wonders for me when I made the mistake of painting my new hardware cloth shelves in my coolidor with epoxy paint. I thought I had ruined all my sticks but the soda saved 'em.

Marty

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'll give the baking soda a try, thanks!

I bought empty boxes instead of making shelves, supah cheap.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Any news? did it work?
    The baking soda is still in there. It took the edge off but it's still very much infused smelling. I'll let the baking soda sit for a while more but I'm thinking it's a lost cause.
    That sucks! Acid, while having a mediocre cigar (at best) IMO, has some really kick ass marketing!
    yeah, and nice boxes too...
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Really? I only had one ACID. It was the red label, Liquid. I enjoyed it alot. What don't you like about them?
    I've tried them and they are well made and high quality, I'm just not interested in the infused flavors aspect of cigars. I'm the same way with my coffee, I like different beans from different regions but I don't like additional flavors. These boxes are a bummer for me because I can't put my un-infused cigars into them. Oh well, the other seven work just fine.
    I am the same. I am a purist of sorts. I like to shoot things that were made when my grandfather was my age. I roast my own coffee beans, and I enjoy cigars the way they were 60 years ago. I have recently recieved a few of the Kopi Luwaks (12 of 'em) and will give them a go. They say that is one of the least infused ones. I will try anything once, if it doesn't kill me I will probably try it again, if I don't like it the third time I will wait it out and see what happens, if it ever happens. This will be my third infused cigar.
  • long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    I can't stand infused cigars. The flavor is always over powering to me and it makes my stomach upset for some reason. The natural flavors I get out of a well blended cigar is plenty for me. When I smoke a pipe (which is really rare) I don't mind the cherry flavors etc. and I smoke a hookah sometimes too. Weird. :)
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    For me, it's the sweetened cap. They taste so strongly of artificial sweetener that I can't get past it. I do try one every 6 months or so though.