Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Legend

lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
Tonight I was digging in one of my coolers that I haven't touched in a while and found a section of Gurkha's. While I was pretending to dig for gold I found a Legend that was dated 2-2009. Took it out side while it stopped raining and went for it.

Robusto
Length: 6?
Ring Gauge: 50
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
Binder: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican Republic
Connecticut Broadleaf maduro wrapper
An 8-year-old Domincan filler
Cameroon binder
Paired w/ H2O
Punched with Bugatti lighter.
Toasted with the same Bugatti.

Very solid stick with a nice milk chocolate color, nice even construction with a single visible vein, and a good looking triple cap (fiirst time seeing a triple cap on a Gurkha).

1st third is a nice fruity, a hint of spice, earth notes and slight leather starting up.
Right around mid point the flavors are picking up with lots of earth, floral, chocolate, espresso, and again a hint of spice.
Into the final 3rd I got a huge amount of espresso with some nut and creamy chocolate. Kind of surprised that it lost the earthy taste to it.
Burn was perfectly straight with a very very cool burn.
Not too much smoke but a good enough.
I think that everyone should give the Legend a try.

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Nice, straight to the point. Good review. Have some resting, not from 2009. Will give it a go, creamy chocolate sounds tasty...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I only have one (which was a gift from a fine BORK here) and I know it won't see summer. Looking forward to it.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I smoked one of these the other night that was just terrible. Stopped at about the halfway point. I got nothing but heat and pungent bitterness. Reminded me of the one Graycliff 1666 I smoked. I know it's got a great reputation, so I figure it just needs some rest. I'm going to give my remaining 4 a few months...
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    I love this cigar, one of my "go-to" smokes. These are on the "buy one get one" sale this month and I will be taking advantage.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    I smoked one of these the other night that was just terrible. Stopped at about the halfway point. I got nothing but heat and pungent bitterness. Reminded me of the one Graycliff 1666 I smoked. I know it's got a great reputation, so I figure it just needs some rest. I'm going to give my remaining 4 a few months...
    Man heat and bitterness kind of sounds like smoking too fast. How long did it take you to get to the mid point? The legend I had last night was a 1 hour 50 min smoke. Give it another try and let us know how it goes.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Nice, straight to the point. Good review. Have some resting, not from 2009. Will give it a go, creamy chocolate sounds tasty...
    LoL, It was a very straight to the point smoke.