Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cuba Libre One

I read the review and wanted to know what others thinnk of this cigar. I love Padilla Miami (or any Padilla), RP Sun Grown, VSG and others. Would I like the Cuba Libre One ?

Comments

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I've had one churchill that I got in a sampler. I was underwhelmed. Not a bad smoke, but not even in the same league as the Padilla Miami. "RP Sun Grown Jr." might be a fair comparison.
  • Options
    TriManTriMan Posts: 2
    Thanks for the honest opinion. I'm always looking for something new and different and this one is both.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The CL One was ok, for being a rather inexpensive stick I wasn't disappointed that it wasn't better. Not bad, just nothing to write home about.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with the toro I had at all. It was best described as...meh. The robusto I had however was very good. Very spicy with a little sweetness, and a nice aroma. I've got a torpedo around here I need to try still. I'm hoping that the robusto is just good, and there's not consistency issues, or worse, the one I had was just a fluke. I'll have to pick up a 5 pack of the robustos before I decide. It's unfortunate that ccom didn't scale the prices on the weekend blitz, but I'm sure they had their reasons.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    A friend gifted me one a while back. I think he said Tim talked him into trying a few. I wasn't impressed. All I really got was pepper and tobacco. Once the pepper faded, there really wasn't enough complexity or transition to keep my attention.
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    i purposely stayed out of this thread until I tried my first CL One so I wasn't biased going into the smoke. I tried one yesterday, got a little pepper....there really wasn't much complexity at all, will not be buying more.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    So far I am not a fan of the original Cuba Libre, but I find the Nica Libre a very enjoyable less expensive stick. Is the C.L. One that much better than it's older brother ?
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the churchill last week and I thought it was ok.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    So far I am not a fan of the original Cuba Libre, but I find the Nica Libre a very enjoyable less expensive stick. Is the C.L. One that much better than it's older brother ?
    I'd say it is better for sure, but then again I'm not a fan of the regular CL, so saying the One is better isn't saying much coming from me.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I got a pack of the regular "Cuba Libre".... Super LOOOOOSE draw... Not bad flavor, but just packed so lightly!