Home Ratings & Reviews

AF Anejo Shark

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Damn good cigar. Def worth the price I paid for it ($15). Me and JZ smoked it after his boy's bday party on Sunday. Have to say I can't remember smoking a better maduro.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Damn good cigar. Def worth the price I paid for it ($15). Me and JZ smoked it after his boy's bday party on Sunday. Have to say I can't remember smoking a better maduro.
    +1.
    Did you have any problems with the wrapper at all? I myself never had any problems but im hearing some complaints about the wrapper.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I picked up two when ccom had boxes of them a few months ago. Never had one before. Some of the high end fuentes I really like, others not so much. I'll probably give this one a try in another month or so.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I love the Anejos, much better than OpusX IMO!
  • thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    kaelaria:

I agree wholeheartedly.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    I have 4 Enejo's left, anyone wnat to swap for the OpusX? I haven't had that yet.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Awesome! I got one too from Tim. I had my first Anejo (#50) this past Feb. I was over the moon! I loved it! I'm about to move back up from my basement in a few weeks after living down here since Jan. for a renovation.. I'm going to try the #77. (I also bought a #48 & #49 to try)
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic cigar!! I like both the Anejo and Opus, they both have something I like about them, and they just keep getting better with age.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Smoked one a couple months back that was gifted to me by wwhwang - I will never be able to thank him enough! Best maduro Ive ever had by a d@mn sight, and while I havent tried them all this is probably my favorite Fuente stick - and thats saying something!

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    Krieg:
    +1.
    Did you have any problems with the wrapper at all? I myself never had any problems but im hearing some complaints about the wrapper.
    nope, not at all. Niether of us did actually. Smoked it all the way down to the nub.

"Long ashes my friends."

thehoff:
    kaelaria:

I agree wholeheartedly.
    To be honest, I think I would have to agree also.

"Long ashes my friends."

The Sniper:
    Smoked one a couple months back that was gifted to me by wwhwang - I will never be able to thank him enough! Best maduro Ive ever had by a d@mn sight, and while I havent tried them all this is probably my favorite Fuente stick - and thats saying something!

+1! Def my favorite AF too.

"Long ashes my friends."

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Krieg:
    nope, not at all. Niether of us did actually. Smoked it all the way down to the nub.
    I smoked mine down so low my fingers AND my lips were burning on the last 4 or 5 draws! LOL

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Love the Anejo, but honestly, I think they actually need more age than the Opus before they really come into their own.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thehoff:
    kaelaria:

I agree wholeheartedly.
    i disagree. id rather have an OpusX over an Anejo.

...but only by a nose.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    Love the Anejo, but honestly, I think they actually need more age than the Opus before they really come into their own.
    +1
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    415:
    docbp87:
    +1
    How long would you recommend sitting on them?
    Russ55:
    415:
    docbp87:
    +1
    18 months minimum for me. might be more for you.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    415:
    docbp87:
    +1
    I've got a shark with a little over a year on it. I'm thinking I'll give it at least another year before I light it up.
    kuzi16:
    Russ55:
    415:
    docbp87:
    +1
    The #50 I smoked in Feb was in my Humi for almost exactly one year. But how long was it aged before (it came to me)? I don't know. I don't know if I can wait more than a month to try either the #48 or #49 I got.
    its totally worth it if you do wait.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I gotta disagree on this. I feel the Opus wrapper gives a better aging potential than the Anejo, since filler and binder are the same. I still age mine but I can be tempted to smoke on right at purchase. Opus I never smoke right away.
    kuzi16:
    its totally worth it if you do wait.
    Ouch!!! I trust you Kuzi. I will heed your advice.
    I have a celebration coming up. I have a couple of Opus X, GOF, Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario, Davidoff Millenium with more than a year. Maybe I'll have one of those. (all of which will be my first)
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think I have one 55 and and one 77 that have over 2 years on them. Then I have a bunch with more than 12 months and some I just got in December.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    dennisking:
    I gotta disagree on this. I feel the Opus wrapper gives a better aging potential than the Anejo, since filler and binder are the same. I still age mine but I can be tempted to smoke on right at purchase. Opus I never smoke right away.
    Actually, binder and filler are NOT the same on Opus and Anejo. Anejo filler is a mix of Opus, Hemingway, and DC fillers.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like the anejo, but I enjoy opus x's more.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 Anejos 77s that have about 4 years of age on em and another 8 or so with less than a year on em. Prob light up one of the aged ones pretty soon. I'm drooling just thinking about em now!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have a few with four years on them as well as 5 years. Though to be honest I couldn't tell much difference between the one with 3 or 5. They were both great though. Mind you these all are 77's so I don't know if a different size will be the same or different. However I dabbled in a few opus's with one being around 5 and the other being around 6ish or so and they were much better than I experienced with a new opus, though I did mis the power that the fresh opus had. Though they were much smoother. But I know it's not too fair to compare a 77 anjeo to a opus robusto however it shows me that the opus has a much better aging effect.
    docbp87:
    dennisking:
    Actually, binder and filler are NOT the same on Opus and Anejo. Anejo filler is a mix of Opus, Hemingway, and DC fillers.
    not according to This article from Puff

If they are wrong, then no biggie. I just always had heard the same story from multiple places

• kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    Please tell me someone didn't call the crap on puff an 'article'??
    okay Brian. It was a blurb on Puff. but it's not the only place I have read this and even when I was given my first one 3 years ago, I was told the exact same thing. so who's got the wrong info here. I respect Docbp because he's a Fuente guy so he may have the right info.

to recap Brian, your site is much better than the crap of Puff