Home Cigar 101

Trinidad...need some help

Hey guys, I have these two cigars, what do you know about them , how do they taste, are they cuban- cuban, or just cuban seed. thanks Photobucket

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmm... Most Trinidads sold today have a Pigtail on the cap and the band is Three T's all upright in a triangle/peak fashion (tTt)

I've never seen the band on the right with a trinidad for a Cuban cigar....

They also look suspect for the construction of them... VERY veiny, but that could just be the style, but with the no pigtails (and no current Trinidad is a Torpedo) and the one on the right is darker than most productions of Trinidads, these might be a reproduction, a fake or just a Dominican/Nicaraguan version of the Cuban Brand
    AAAAAND the internet is my source:
    The Torpedo is made by Altaldis and is a Trinidad Reserve Torpedo and has Ecuadorian and Honduran wrappers and binders... and the other one is a Trinidad Maduro, same origin as the other by Altadis.

Not Cuban, but many here can agree a Nicaraguan and Honduran cigar make for some tasty treats!

I would assume this is like the "Cohiba" "Cohiba Red Dot" and "Cohiba Dominican" all three COMPLETELY different cigars and share nothing but name
    Holy ***... It's Midnight on a Miller Binge and I'm still helpful???
  • thanks brotha!!
  • how do trinidads taste, at least these non authentic cuban ones...?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Definately non Cuban, the Cuban Trinidads are exceptional...I have never had a non Cuban Trinidad so can't speak to how they are...here is the cuban band

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    Definately non Cuban, the Cuban Trinidads are exceptional...I have never had a non Cuban Trinidad so can't speak to how they are...here is the cuban band

Seriously. The Cuban brand is mouth wateringly good.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I've had the robusto of the maduro on the right and remember it being tasty. I can't tell you flavors or whatnot, just a good solid smoke. I remember it bein more med-full in body.
    Hmmmmmm... I just ordered some DUKE's, but I have not had a Trini... What are you brothers recommending in the Trini for size? I'm liking the look of Fundadores, or maybe the limitada 07... Or just a plain jane Robusto... Suggestions????
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Robusto T and Reyes are the best I've had. I can't keep my hands on the Reyes I have.
    docbp87:
    Robusto T and Reyes are the best I've had. I can't keep my hands on the Reyes I have.
    THANKS!
  • im salivating...!!! thanks again guys!!
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Smoking the one on the left and it is very good. I purchased them after seeing your photo so I wanted to it out. I have to say ditto on DD response the Cuban version is much better. I have two of the Trinidad Fumadores in my humi and those are awesome. The one on the right has a few years on it that is the old band version.
  • im glad i was able to assist in your choosing....lol.........im going to smoke the left one on easter sunday!!!