Home Ratings & Reviews

La Flor Dominicana " The Digger"

This thing makes me worried. Haha, but seriously this would make most people go "whooa". Even my wife had an evil smile as she said "My God that thing is huge!!!" Well enough about that.This will take at least two hours so look for a review coming soon, but I thought I would share and let the envious size comments begin. In this case does size really matter?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I really wish they'd do a little more with their bands to differentiate what's what. A secondary band, nothing big.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Russ55:
    I really wish they'd do a little more with their bands to differentiate what's what. A secondary band, nothing big.
    Why? Every line they make has its own band... The Digger is just a new size in the Double Ligero line. Every specific line has a unique band. It's not like Fuente where the Hemingway, Sungrown, and Don Carlos cigars all have the same band.
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    Why? Every line they make has its own band... The Digger is just a new size in the Double Ligero line. Every specific line has a unique band. It's not like Fuente where the Hemingway, Sungrown, and Don Carlos cigars all have the same band.
    Do they? They all look very similar to me. Is there a way to tell on the band the difference between oscuros, maduros, and sumatras?
    No, but the difference between say, a DL natural and a DL maduro is really obvious, since their maduros are realllllly dark and oily. Otherwise its just knowing what lines are available in what wraps.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    the fuente cigars you just referenced all have different band and foot ribbon combinations.
    Reserva has green on the bottom of the band
    Sungrown is black on the bottom of the band with a black ribbon
    Shade grown is green on the bottom of the band with a green ribbon
    Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo
    Don Carlos has black on the bottom of the band and no ribbon
    the hemmingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes.
    kuzi16:
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    the fuente cigars you just referenced all have different band and foot ribbon combinations.
    Reserva has green on the bottom of the band
    Sungrown is black on the bottom of the band with a black ribbon
    Shade grown is green on the bottom of the band with a green ribbon
    Anejo has a cream bottom and a red band and also says anejo
    Don Carlos has black on the bottom of the band and no ribbon
    the hemmingway is the only one that is confusing. it has the same set up as the Don Carlos, but they are all a perfecto vitola of various sizes.
    Haha... I know this, however the three I mentioned do all have the same black bottomed band. LFD bands actually say what like they are, right there on the bottom of the band.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Jeez BlueRings... do ya smoke it or hit baseballs with it?!?!?

• BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Biggest cigar I have ever run across. You can swing for the fences and celebrate will a 2 hr smoke afterwards. Thing must be over 9 inches. I should know I did a side by side comparison. LMAO.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    8.5X60.....crazy!
    docbp87:
    No, but the difference between say, a DL natural and a DL maduro is really obvious, since their maduros are realllllly dark and oily. Otherwise its just knowing what lines are available in what wraps.
    In that particular case it's easy, but in others, not so much.

Anyway, interesting cigar. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm sure it will sell well if the price is right.
    Russ55:
    docbp87:

Anyway, interesting cigar. Not really my cup of tea, but I'm sure it will sell well if the price is right.
    The bands all say what cigar they are. Double Ligero line says Double Ligero. Factory Press says Factory Press. Air Bender says Air Bender. The Cameroon Cabinet band says Cameroon Cabinet on it. Not kidding. All of the cigars have the name of the line on the band.
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    docbp87:

The bands all say what cigar they are. Double Ligero line says Double Ligero. Factory Press says Factory Press. Air Bender says Air Bender. The Cameroon Cabinet band says Cameroon Cabinet on it. Not kidding. All of the cigars have the name of the line on the band.
    Not really what I was talking about, but thanks for the explanation all the same.

Anyone know what these things are going for? I'm guessing ten to a box?
    Russ55:
    docbp87:
    Russ55:
    docbp87:

Not really what I was talking about, but thanks for the explanation all the same.

Anyone know what these things are going for? I'm guessing ten to a box?

$10 a stick 20 to a box.
    Wow, that's gonna be a big box. That's not a bad price though, considering how much tobacco is probably in there.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    BlueRings:
    Biggest cigar I have ever run across. You can swing for the fences and celebrate will a 2 hr smoke afterwards. Thing must be over 9 inches. I should know I did a side by side comparison. LMAO.
    How did you do the comparison? I guess, if I folded it in half... Okay, makes sense

And by that I mean if I folded the Cigar in half
    Lasabar:
    BlueRings:
    How did you do the comparison? I guess, if I folded it in half... Okay, makes sense

And by that I mean if I folded the Cigar in half

LMAO, Finally some humor in this tread. I was beginning to worry this was more about cigar labels and less about bad taste. Well, to answer the question I always measure twice and cut once, such a shame and waste of a good cigar. "Now thats funny right there I dont care who you are"
  • Found these at my local B&M in Downtown Fredericksburg, VA. Dropped one off to Lakota a while back. Havnt heard how good it was. Not sure if he has had the time to actually smoke it yet. Just picked up 2 more today. One natural and one maduro. Only 10.50 here. Not too bad for a stick this size.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you better get the heart burn pills out! That blend is beastly and that stick is a beast on steroids! Be afraid, be very afraid...lol. Due post and let us know how it went, should make for a great review, although you may be sitting in front of a fan eating some sugar cereal after that one :)
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the Colorado Oscuro No. 4 a few days ago....the flavor profile is mind-blowing.... really. Heck of a cigar, and certainly something I would smoke every day and nub it.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    dopeyferree:
    Found these at my local B&M in Downtown Fredericksburg, VA. Dropped one off to Lakota a while back. Havnt heard how good it was. Not sure if he has had the time to actually smoke it yet. Just picked up 2 more today. One natural and one maduro. Only 10.50 here. Not too bad for a stick this size.
    I think I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lt. Dan... better have a massive meal before it otherwise you will quite possibly feel it deeeeep in your gut ;) Their sticks have been very very tasty, and for the price point, fairly complex as well. Really impressed and have been going back to them a lot lately, think you will like it my friend :) -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • can't wait to try mine. Maybe this weekend if I can get a couple hours alone
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Eat a good meal first. Seriously.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I gotta get one of these
  • ENFIDL:
    I gotta get one of these
    Enfidl, If I get to make the herf, I will have a couple with me. If not, I am not sure where your located at but cant be too far from me. I work on Ft Belvoir and live in stafford