Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

5 for 5 Sampler Trade

Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
Hey all, I have been seeing cigars folks mention and have been saying "Dang, I'd like to try that!" That got me thinking; scary, I know :P
I'll list my complete tradable inventory, what I'd be willing to part with :). Those that want to participate do the same, and if you see 5 sticks you'd like to try in mine, and I see 5 sticks I'd like to try in yours, we do a swap. :)

The rules are along the same lines as the PIF. Premium cigars only in good condition (ie no backwoods, Hav-a-Tampa jewels, etc ), a member in good standing, 25 post minimum, certified mail with tracking #, and two days to get packages off once agreed upon by both parties. Single stick of each only...no asking for 5 of one kind and deplete a members stock.

So, what do you folks think about this idea?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think that's a spectacular idea. Personally, I'm holding heavy on some cigars that I could certainly part with, and I'm always interested in trying something new but don't always want to purchase it.

In fact, I'd be willing to post my list as well and kick start things. So how 'bout it? if you want to do your list first (since this is your idea and all), then I'll get my list together and maybe you and I can work out a trade.

Oh boy I just love trading.

Joe
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Okay, good deal. This is a busy weekend spring burning for me, so I'll try to get something together monday night or so or tuesday night :D
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    Hey all, I have been seeing cigars folks mention and have been saying "Dang, I'd like to try that!" That got me thinking; scary, I know :P
    I'll list my complete tradable inventory, what I'd be willing to part with :). Those that want to participate do the same, and if you see 5 sticks you'd like to try in mine, and I see 5 sticks I'd like to try in yours, we do a swap. :)

The rules are along the same lines as the PIF. Premium cigars only in good condition (ie no backwoods, Hav-a-Tampa jewels, etc ), a member in good standing, 25 post minimum, certified mail with tracking #, and two days to get packages off once agreed upon by both parties. Single stick of each only...no asking for 5 of one kind and deplete a members stock.

So, what do you folks think about this idea?
    can i kinda play off the idea and modify it so it is more of a PIF style on going thing?

If so it would be a Make A Wish (maw) person A would say "i want to try "X " cigar" (within price reason of course) and person B will say "i have that cigar for you to try. " person B will then send person A 5 of those cigars (or 3 to make it less of a hit on person B's humi). Person B will then have control. they can then say " i would like to try "Y" cigar. Its like an "inverse" PIF

and if i cant play off of that idea then disreguard everything i have just said.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    That sounds like a cool idea Kuzi. I like it. I think we should give it a try.
    if a few more people jump on board for this ill start it up in another thread and we can have the 5 for 5 be its own entity. the 5 for 5 will be trades and the MAW will be another thread. ...in fact, screw that!! im gunna get workin on that thread right now and we will keep the 5 for 5 its own thread for those that wanna do straight up trades.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Since I like Kuzi's idea better, and since we do not have enough active members to really make this a go anyway, I'm going to drop this for now. Four trading threads with so few folks is too much :P Should we really pick up, we can always revive it, or modify it to 3 for 3, something along those lines to make it easier.
  • jbforejbfore Posts: 4
    I've been buying sticks from cigar.com now for about 6 months now and I do track this forum to get an idea of what other folks are smoking. I think this is a great idea and would love to participate, but I don't meet the 25 minimum posts.  Can you waive that rule, so that a newbie like myself can participate?
    if you are looking to just do a simple trade then its between you and the person you are doing the trade with. the 25 post "rule" is more for the PIF because it is relativly easy to scam that system.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    jbfore:
    I've been buying sticks from cigar.com now for about 6 months now and I do track this forum to get an idea of what other folks are smoking. I think this is a great idea and would love to participate, but I don't meet the 25 minimum posts.  Can you waive that rule, so that a newbie like myself can participate?
    Welcome to the forums. What kuzi said is spot on, so I won't add to it. If you are looking for someone to do a 5 for 5 trade with, I'd be happy to trade with you. Up to you, but if you'd like to try it, send me a pm and make me an offer and we'll take it from there, I always like trading.

Joe
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    This offer stands for me too. If you want to pm me with trades, im down.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like smoke's idea a lot. The PIF-type games are a little intimidating for newbies like me, because you're kind of having to guess what somebody might like, and when you're new (to the forums and/or to cigars), you're not too confident about that sort of thing; whereas with a straight trade, you know exactly what the other person wants.

If nothing else, we could just post what we've got that we're willing to part with. It doesn't have to be an ongoing trading thread or game. It could even be something we each set up an individual "orphans" thread for: "smoke's orphans," "urbino's orphans," "mikalsan's orphans," etc.

When you have extras, just add a post to your thread that says something like, "Hey, I've got some . . . right now that I'm willing to part with. Give a yell if there's anything in there you'd like to try, and maybe we can trade."