Home Cigar 101

Best Cigars for Women?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. The husband has been smoking cigars for a few months now and I've tried a few of his, but I really haven't found one I enjoy. Any suggestions on a good, mild cigar for a woman? Any input would be appreciated!

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'm torn between giving good advice and stating the obvious joke . . .

Well, since it's Palm Sunday, I guess I'll take the high road - start with milds like 5 Vegas Gold, Oliva Connecticut Reserve, Macanudo, Rockey Patel Connecticut and Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne
  • a_brooksa_brooks Posts: 21
    xmacro:

Well, since it's Palm Sunday, I guess I'll take the high road - start with milds like 5 Vegas Gold, Oliva Connecticut Reserve, Macanudo, Rockey Patel Connecticut and Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne
    I had no doubt I would get some jokes. Haha. But thank you for your suggestions! I'll give those a try.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    My wife likes Arturo Fuente Chateau series, La Gloria Cubana Glorias Petit Mini Cigars, Romeo Y Julieta (ISOM), Sol Cubana Aritisan, and Ashton Classic. Look for Connecticut wrappers, they’ve smooth and usually mild and her favorite. Hope that helps.
    SmokySuit:
    My wife likes Arturo Fuente Chateau series, La Gloria Cubana Glorias Petit Mini Cigars, Romeo Y Julieta (ISOM), Sol Cubana Aritisan, and Ashton Classic. Look for Connecticut wrappers, they’ve smooth and usually mild and her favorite. Hope that helps.
    Thank you so much!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Amanda, my wife, recently made me go buy her a few of the cain F Nubs. She loved them. I bought here enough to smoke one a month till I get home!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    If you wanna start out soft and sweet, my gf love the Tabak Especial's Cafe Con Leche and the CAO Flavours. She's found more "real" cigars she likes since then, like MOW Armada, Nub Habano, etc, but has trouble finishing them on her own, so she just steals draw from mine.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    If you're the type of girl who likes sweet, sugary coffee and sweet, sugary drinks than maybe you would like an infused cigar. They have good tobacco infused with all sorts of different flavors.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Gurkha Park Ave and Monte Cristo White, ccom purple and blue label; for higher end Ashton and Davidoff. When my wife use to smoke she use to smoke Drew Estate Kuba Kuba, Blondie and Cold Infusion Tea. Welcome to the boards.
  • I would recommend Butera Royal Vintage and for something sweet maybe a Java by Drew Estate/Rocky Patel. The Java got my girlfirend into cigars. Best of luck!
    It's really nice to see there are other women who are into cigars! :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i started my wife with a Davidoff Millennium blend.
    then the Gran Cru.

while in nicaragua she expanded her horizons with JdN cabinetta, Camacho connecticut. she is far more willing to get into infused than i am. she is looking forward to trying the Acid liquid that i picked up in the "crap cigar" pass a few weeks ago.

im not sure she will like it. i started the wife on the best of the best.

she is now VERY picky. any small problems and shes done with it fast.

according to the tour guide at the Oliva factory, the Cain Daytona is "a smoke for women"
    sounds sexist, but the tour guide was a woman. she said it was one fo her favorite blends they have produced. this was before they handed us one and before they came out so i had to take her word for it.
  • long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    My wife smokes cigarettes but she has taken a few puffs off of mine in the past and smoked a whole Acid Kuba Kuba, it literally smells like mens cologne and has a sweet taste to it. She also really liked the Carlos Torano Casa Torano Maduro, it has cherry, chocolate, cream, and woody tastes a real complex cigar.
    I just need to find out how to get her to start smoking cigars instead of cigarettes... maybe I should just buy her one and give it to her as gift instead of asking her if she's ever going to get into it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoke all sorts of different sticks. don't get caught up in the whole "mild and infused sticks are for women"
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    My cousin (female) enjoyed the Nub habano and connecticuts.
    Light 'em up.
    Ok guys, I tried the CCOM Blue Label tonight and it wasn't too bad! Ashes
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    a_brooks:
    Yay my recommendation, glad you liked it. I think starting out mild is a good choice and then you can work into medium to full bodied smokes. I think we all started out with connies or infused and then trained our palates.
    Welcome to a great hobby that will help you relax and drain you bank account. You will also learn a lot if you stick around here the member on the forum are the best.
    CCOM is also the only place where the chief merchant (Alex) is willing to interact in the forum and keep us up to date on new products or share his tobacco knowledge.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    a_brooks:
    Wow, Great pic. Can't wait for more.
  • I will 2nd the motion for Montecristo White and Romeo y Julieta Vintage. Those are good sticks that aren't TOO mild so as not to turn off with lack of flavor. Also throw in Rocky Patel Vintage 1999. Moves into the medium strength but smooth enough to enjoy the flavor without making a mild enthusiast or beginner wobbly.

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, isn't that what Uncle Sigy says? Some milder ones I like in the morning are 5-Veags Gold, Vegas Classic, Gurkha Micro Batch and others. The fun is in the sampling.

• Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    A few that my wife and her friends like are the Xikar HC Connecticut, CAO gold, Cusano 18 Connecticut, and the Fuente Casa Fuente. There are so many to try, im sure you will find something you like. If you post the ones you like or don't like as you try them, I think the guys here can help you out and suggest others in the profile of your favorites. Have fun!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the 5 Vegas Gold. My wife likes the Nuggets, they're a shorter smoke with a mild flavor. She also likes the Sun Grown in the house blend.
  • There are a lot of great suggestions here! A few of my favorites have already been listed, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents in case you wanted some suggestions directly from another female smoker. It depends on the cigar, but I usually stick with the robusto size. Some of these are more of a medium-bodied smoke, but still great for those who usually prefer mild:

1. Perdomo Rsv 10th Champagne

2. Perdomo Lot 23 (Yeah, I'm a Perdomo fan)

3. Gran Habano Vintage '02

4. Cusano 18 Connecticut

5. Man O' War Virtue

The CAO flavours sampler is great too because you can try one of each flavor, if you want to go the flavored route. Also, Tabak Especial!!!

-Tina, Cigar.com

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    dennisking:
    smoke all sorts of different sticks. don't get caught up in the whole "mild and infused sticks are for women"
    Completely agree with Dennis here. Smoke what smells good and don't be afraid to try something new. And definitely don't let anyone try to push you out of smoking something becuase it'll be too much for you.

Maduros and Cammeroon wrapped cigars got me into the hobby. So a few maduros that I enjoyed early on are the Macanudo Maduro, the original Fuente with the maduro wrapper, Ashton maduro, Partagas black and Onyx. As for Cameroons, I smoked a bunch of the Original Fuente line in the cameroon wrapper and Partagas. So if you've tried and liked the house blend blue label then try the house blend sampler. its got 8 cigars with different wrappers and it'll give you a feel for what sort of things you like and what you don't. then you can tailor your search to your taste.

But honestly, when your starting out it'll be helpful to hit up a local B&M too, just smell them and if it smells like you'd like it, then give it a shot. hahaha, but be sure to read the "disgusting peopel at the B&M" thread before you let the shop cut it for you.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Glad you find one you liked! Starting out mild is the usual way to go. If you like something little sweeter (not infused mind you) try the brazilian label. Be careful april, you will have more posts than B soon.

"Long ashes my friends."

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Glad you find one you liked! Starting out mild is the usual way to go. If you like something little sweeter (not infused mind you) try the brazilian label. Be careful april, you will have more posts than B soon.

+1 I was thinking the same with CCOM Brazilian Label. Look at that, now she has a little help from a females point of view. Tina's to the rescue. Way to go.......
    Tina E:

There are a lot of great suggestions here! A few of my favorites have already been listed, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents in case you wanted some suggestions directly from another female smoker. It depends on the cigar, but I usually stick with the robusto size. Some of these are more of a medium-bodied smoke, but still great for those who usually prefer mild:

1. Perdomo Rsv 10th Champagne

2. Perdomo Lot 23 (Yeah, I'm a Perdomo fan)

3. Gran Habano Vintage '02

4. Cusano 18 Connecticut

5. Man O' War Virtue

The CAO flavours sampler is great too because you can try one of each flavor, if you want to go the flavored route. Also, Tabak Especial!!!

-Tina, Cigar.com

Tina, thank you for your suggestions! It's good to have another woman here! Haha
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone suggested these, but I'd say go for some Gurkha Symphony, Arturo Fuente Hemingway, San Lotano Maduro, or Padron 2000 Maduro.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I think every SOTL should try a puros indios chief. image
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Honestly.... I don't know if there are cigars for "Women"
    Everyone has their own tastes and palates

My local B&M has a lovely lady who is the wife of the Owner and when I bought some sticks and a cutter she was smoking an Air Bender...

I think "Cigars for Women" would be more likened to cigars for newbies... Something smooth to get the palate warmed up and a cigar that is very noteworthy for a certain flavor so that the smoker can "Pick it out" and feel accomplished right away...

For shame... You guys are sexist!

EQUAL CIGARS FOR EQUAL SMOKERS!
  • Agreed, Lasabar! It comes down to personal taste and what you handle nicotine-wise.  I've been smoking for a few years now, and I'm enjoying some of the stronger cigars that I wasn't able to handle when I first started. My favorites still seem to stay within the mild and medium range though. Man O' War Ruination was one of the first cigars I smoked, and I was lucky I made it home okay with the buzz I had from not even smoking half of that.