Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Libre Potencia

Got a couple of the fat boys in a few weeks ago, the 60 ring sticks and was really looking forward to a nice rich relaxing smoke. Even though the flavor was as you would expect, chocolaty, with some espresso and leather, the burn was terrible with me having to severely touch it up throughout the smoke. Sort of ruined what could have been a very nice after dinner cigar. I have two more, perhaps they will be of a better construction.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, these cigars are just too inconsistent for me.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I've only had one and it burned perfectly. I hate when a bad burn ruins the experience on a tasty stick. Let us know how the other one goes.
  • I will let you know......I think I will let the others rest for awhile before I try again.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I was hoping to hear good things about this nica libre. The last NL I had was full of stems and tasted so bitter and had the rich aroma of a dead skunk when I lit it. Terrible. Needless to say it doesn't look like they improved much. It seems that some people have good experiences, while others don't. Just tells me that they really don't have good quality control standards where these cigars are made.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've got a couple showing up today. I'm tempted to try one right of the truck.