Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Triple Maduro

Im still new in this stogie smoking business, and i really don't have defined tastes, but i really didnt enjoy this cigar. Maybe it was the humidor i got it out of, maybe it was to young, but i dunno. It tasted bad. It wouldnt stay lit. It flamed my throat. It was harsh. For the money i paid for it, it totally wasn't worth it. Save your money for something else.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I found the Camacho Triple Maduro to be one of the more enjoyable cigars I have had in recent months. Granted I did find the cigar to be almost too powerful, but the flavor was good and the cigar was not harsh at all. Taste is one of those things that is highly subjective though, so I might really enjoy something while the guy next to me hates it. Personally, I would not hesitate to recommend the Triple Maduro to a fan of hearty, full flavored cigars, but again that is my taste speaking.

Joe
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised both of you guys found the Triple Maduro to be full bodied.  I've smoked two and like zero was dissappointed in both but did not find them full bodied or flavored.  I thought it was quite boring for a maduro almost creamy.  It produced a lot of smoke but did not have the pepper or spice I enjoy so much about Maduros.  Taste is very personal and I have found that the Triple Maduro has trully shown this,  I've heard a couple debates on this cigar. 
    I think that's one of the great things about cigars, madurofan. As I mentioned, I thought this was an enjoyable cigar, but I'm also familiar with the debate you refer to as to whether this cigar is any good or not.

Its a big, wide world of cigars out there, and it would be foolish to expect everyone to like them all. And by that same token, it is good that my taste and your's are different, because that means cigar manufacturers are going to continue creating new and diverse blends... how boring would it be if every cigar tasted the same?

Joe

I couldn't have said it better myself, j0z3er.  So many things can affect your taste on top of just your natural taste.  What you ate before you smoked, what you drink with it,  where you smoke your stick all these things affect how a cigar tastes.  That is why I love hearing different people's reviews of a cigar, it challenges you to really pay attention to the things you are tasting in your cigars.  For example you guys have said you thought the Trip Mad was full bodied, since there is still one in my humi, I'm likely to smoke this one after I smoke a different cigar I consider full bodied. Not right after but the next time I smoke a cigar(usually every other day or so) and compare notes.  To see if maybe the creaminess of the cigar lead me to believe it was a little less than full bodied.

Big Smile [:D] 

Out of curiosity, what size/shape was it that you smoked? The reason I ask is that I've heard not so great things about the torpedo size, and was wondering if that was possibly the size you smoked and didn't care for. Myself, I had the robusto 4 1/2" x 50 and it was, in my opinion, just magnificent.
    I actually had the robusto and the largest one I think it's the toro.  The were both about the same on the middle third.  If I remember correctly the robusto bit on me and got real sour on the last third.
  • The triple maduro was a great smoke. Its a personal favorite for me and my friend now.

I did have a bad actually last night that tasted like dirt. But one out of many is not bad.

• I was happily surprised by this one. I'd describe it as medium to full bodied and burned perfectly every time. The ash was consistent. I consider it as one of my favorites.
  • ErikTErikT Posts: 1
    I am new to this site and stumbled on it when looking for reviews on the 3xMaduro Robusto. I have smoked the Figurado and I enjoyed it completely. I am a maduro fanatic and the trip maduro was something I knew I had to taste. I find that this cigar has to be smoked with patience or it will start to develope a harshness. Slow and steady wins the race. But I am also glad people don't like them. They are hard enough to find as it is.
    ErikT:
    They are hard enough to find as it is.
    Really? Every B&M I've been into lately has them. I just think they're entirely too much money for an average cigar.