Home Ratings & Reviews

Gran Habano's

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
So I recently did a trade with Bigharpoon, obtaining a nice little sampler of cigars from Gran Habano. I've discovered in the last several weeks that this brand of cigars is, by far, the most oily line of cigars out there. I definately haven't run across another brand that is as consistently oily as these. You can see it glisten in the sun, you can feel it with you fingers, you can feel and taste it on your lips when you smoke it. So far, I'm a big fan of the Corojo #5, the Habano #3, and the Siglo 3. Didn't care for the Vintage 2002 but I have one more of those before I discredit it for good. I'm definately looking forward to trying the Cabinet Selection as well.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude yes!!!! The #1 And the #3 are my favorite smokes by them. And the G.A.R. is good too though a bit pricy.
    Also the AZTECA is hands down my favorite maddy

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I like the #5 and the 2002 (robusto only). The Churchill is total Goats butt
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I still have an original blend Siglos 3. I bought a few five packs here a while ago and have dispatching them slowly. They were always good for me.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    To me, the whole line is one of the most underrated lines out there. I'm a big fan of all (never had the GAR). My favorite is the Vintage 2002 robusto. Give it another shot, you may have just had a dud.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes Stephen, I too must try the Azteca! And I haven't tried the GAR yet. Bigharpoon said I probably need to drybox the 2002 for a while before smoking because they are so moist, which sounds right because I couldn't keep the thing lit to save my life.
    I have smoked a few GAR's and thought they were tasty
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Similar here...I think they are an underrated group of cigars and I am a fan of the 2002 robustos as well along with the #5s. I have some 2002 Churchills but not tried them out yet. I have also not tried the Aztecas but would love to get my hands on a couple to try out.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Oh yes Stephen, I too must try the Azteca! And I haven't tried the GAR yet. Bigharpoon said I probably need to drybox the 2002 for a while before smoking because they are so moist, which sounds right because I couldn't keep the thing lit to save my life.
    The 2002 Robusto's are usually fine, for me, the Churchill required taking off the cello, the cedar, cutting the end, and dry-boxing several days, then it was 1/2 as good as the Robusto
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kingtimkingtim Posts: 18
    I am hooked on the #5. It is a great smoke in the morning with blueberry coffee.
    kingtim:
    I am hooked on the #5. It is a great smoke in the morning with blueberry coffee.
    Umm, blueberry coffee? Dude, check the expiration date on your man card, just saying. LOL
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    What do you guys think of their Blue Label?
    ndhaon91:
    What do you guys think of their Blue Label?
    I liked it. Very good smoke for the coin. Excellent construction, even burn, and pretty decent flavor. I will buy them again.

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I am a big fan of the G.A.R in the Robusto size and I have found a real decent price on them on here from time to time. I bet if you email tim or andy they can get you a good deal on a 5 pack. I would smoke that one everyday. It's full body full flavor, but not a knee buckler like the ruination or Cain F type of modern powerhouse cigars.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    The Blue Labels are a SOLID smoke...in fact they are my go to everyday smoke. I have a box in the humi now. Great pricing too so don't be shy with these.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Wait. Gran Habano makes the Blue Label???

Did everyone here see the daily deal?
    Man I blindly got a box on DD last year... one of the better deal imho.

• long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    Are you guys talking about the B2 Blue label with the ribbon? We just reviewed that last night for the site (not posted this week). - I've had the 3 Siglos and thought they lacked in flavor - The gran habano vintage 2002 and the #3 are VERY good - The GAR I thought kind of sucked. For the price it didn't have much flavor past tobacco flavors for me.
    long_ashes:
    Are you guys talking about the B2 Blue label with the ribbon? We just reviewed that last night for the site (not posted this week). - I've had the 3 Siglos and thought they lacked in flavor - The gran habano vintage 2002 and the #3 are VERY good - The GAR I thought kind of sucked. For the price it didn't have much flavor past tobacco flavors for me.
    You guys need to review the GH2 just saying.