Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva

Just curious....this brand seems to be highly regarded here, but no one has started a review thread. I have been thinking of trying one of these. Anyone done a review on these from here that I am not seeing?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi proably has -see his reviews-kuzi?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    These are my favorite cigars especially the G. The V is also very good but stronger. Give them a try they are worth it.
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    Bad Andy:
    These are my favorite cigars especially the G. The V is also very good but stronger. Give them a try they are worth it.

Which one would be the most mild that they make?? Still a newbie :) . I had a NUB last night, they are made by Oliva right??
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had an O, it was okay, I have a G sitting in the humi, and just picked up a V that is resting as well. I'm looking forward to them.
    capsfanx:
    Bad Andy:

Which one would be the most mild that they make?? Still a newbie :) . I had a NUB last night, they are made by Oliva right??
    Yeah, Nub is an Oliva smoke. The G is your best bet being a newb. The O I had was ok it wasn't as good the G or V but mild as well. They also have a Master Blend that really good yet not too strong.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I believe the O is the mildest of the Oliva's ... which Nub did you partake in?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll just echo what is being said, the G is a solid bet, I'd recommend the cameroon wrapper. I think this is a good introduction to Oliva cigars, medium in body and is a good representation of the flavor profile you are going to get from Oliva cigars.

Maddy: the Serie O is certainly not the mildest Oliva has to offer, that would probably be the Serie G, which is medium bodied itself. I think the O is considerably stronger.
    i agree with Joe here though the G Cammie is very solid.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The G Maduro is one smoke that is always in the inventory, Seems like a lot of guys on this board like it too because you can often find it in a pass or bomb.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    kuzi proably has -see his reviews-kuzi?
    strangely enough, i dont have olivas in there.... the only thing i have in there from oliva is the El Cobre. i should review one. Ill do a series O next.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I haven't found many Oliva's I didn't like. I had a nice G cammie Special G the other day that was superb...was looking for roach clips good. The folks I smoke with on a regular basis are both kinda new and love the G maduros. Serie Vs have been a favorite of mine since the first one I had.
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    madurofan:
    I believe the O is the mildest of the Oliva's ... which Nub did you partake in?

I had the NUB Connecticut , I believe it was the 460. Was really good to me. I will be picking up more of those.
    bbc020:
    I haven't found many Oliva's I didn't like. I had a nice G cammie Special G the other day that was superb...was looking for roach clips good. The folks I smoke with on a regular basis are both kinda new and love the G maduros. Serie Vs have been a favorite of mine since the first one I had.
    Hell if I would have known that I would have sent you a few more in the PIF. I have most of a box of Cammie Gs aging. It's only been 6 months, I am trying to hold out till atleast a year to pull out the first one.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    One of the best they have too is the Serie G Cameroon Robusto. I received one in a PiF a while back and was blown away. Too bad C.Com does not carry that size, only the double robusto. I have always wanted to sample one of the Special G's to see if it is similiar in flavor profile because it is near in size, but my local B&M is not accomodating me in that regard :P. If they were even close to the Robusto I would buy a box of them.
  • The G maduro's are nice, inexpensive smoke. Don't think i've had the O or Special S. The V's, especially the lancero and torpedo, are fan-friggin-tastic! A close second and another amazing stick is the V maduro. If you ever can find it, grab all you can. Both V's are strong but age incredibly well so save them until your ready, they'll reward you ten-fold for the wait.
    jaytothen:
    The G maduro's are nice, inexpensive smoke. Don't think i've had the O or Special S. The V's, especially the lancero and torpedo, are fan-friggin-tastic! A close second and another amazing stick is the V maduro. If you ever can find it, grab all you can. Both V's are strong but age incredibly well so save them until your ready, they'll reward you ten-fold for the wait.

I picked up a couple V maduros and am being as patient as possible as not to try one...but I can't wait! Oliva's maduro leaf wrappers are just exquisite IMHO, I dig both the O and the G in the Maduro! It's no wonder to me why I'm so excited to try the V maduro.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Oliva, if ya'll havent tried Sol Cubano Maduro or Sumatra, you ought to. Hell of a cigar, great price and fantastic taste. CCOM sells the sumatra but you have to enter it in the search bar.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    bbc020:
    I haven't found many Oliva's I didn't like. I had a nice G cammie Special G the other day that was superb...was looking for roach clips good.
    There's a Special G?

It's hard to go wrong with any Oliva. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Serie G churchill, the Serie O perfecto, and the Special S diadema. The Serie V is good in the lancero, but I had a bad experience with the one robusto I've smoked. I wouldn't call any of these mild. The G is medium, the O and S are just north of there, and the V is farther north.
    urbino:
    bbc020:
    I haven't found many Oliva's I didn't like. I had a nice G cammie Special G the other day that was superb...was looking for roach clips good.
    There's a Special G?

It's hard to go wrong with any Oliva. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Serie G churchill, the Serie O perfecto, and the Special S diadema. The Serie V is good in the lancero, but I had a bad experience with the one robusto I've smoked. I wouldn't call any of these mild. The G is medium, the O and S are just north of there, and the V is farther north.

There's a special G...very petit perfecto....think Hemingway Short Story...but smaller
    Sounds adoooorable. They sell men's cigars where you bought that thing?
    they were right next to the Serie V maduros...not sure if that's a man's cigar or not
    I was just giving ya a hard time.
    urbino:
    I was just giving ya a hard time.
    Thats gross! I doubt anyone wants a hard time from you. Dirty Old Man
    *shaking head*
    Jetmech_63:
    Speaking of Oliva, if ya'll havent tried Sol Cubano Maduro or Sumatra, you ought to. Hell of a cigar, great price and fantastic taste. CCOM sells the sumatra but you have to enter it in the search bar.
    Get 'em while they're hot too the Sumatra has been discontinued. I have a helluva stash of them.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    capsfanx:
    Bad Andy:

Yeah, Nub is an Oliva smoke. The G is your best bet being a newb. The O I had was ok it wasn't as good the G or V but mild as well. They also have a Master Blend that really good yet not too strong.
    So you weren't impressed with the Serie O? I read that it got a 92 rating, I had my first few days ago, wasn't too bad, not the best, but not that bad.

"Long ashes my friends."

bbc020:
    they were right next to the Serie V maduros...not sure if that's a man's cigar or not
    As cute as the Special G is, I was surprised by the punch it packed, I've only had one but I recall it being a good deal stronger than the other Serie G's I've had.

I'm still drooling over the Serie V maduros I have...forcing yourself to not smoke a cigar is hard...torturous even
    j0z3r:
    I'm still drooling over the Serie V maduros I have...forcing yourself to not smoke a cigar is hard...torturous even

I'm trying not to look at them until the spring....but something inside me says, "Hey, you got a few...you can smoke one now!"

torturous is the word!
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I had a series v the other day... I purchased a few and I thought I could squeeze one out... It was before it's time. The padron anniversary do you guys like the Maduro or the Natural - I have both in the 64 - Just going to let them set a bit. The 26 was phenomenal...
    Tumbler: generally speaking, I prefer Padrons in the habano wrapper to the maduro. That is not to say the maduro is not good, because it is, but I think the habano wrapper complements the blend more. The 64 Anniversary in the habano wrapper is phenomenal.
  • bbc020:
    jaytothen:
    The G maduro's are nice, inexpensive smoke. Don't think i've had the O or Special S. The V's, especially the lancero and torpedo, are fan-friggin-tastic! A close second and another amazing stick is the V maduro. If you ever can find it, grab all you can. Both V's are strong but age incredibly well so save them until your ready, they'll reward you ten-fold for the wait.

I picked up a couple V maduros and am being as patient as possible as not to try one...but I can't wait! Oliva's maduro leaf wrappers are just exquisite IMHO, I dig both the O and the G in the Maduro! It's no wonder to me why I'm so excited to try the V maduro.
    smoke one, they are great now. Lots of wood and cream, they don't taste like your typical maduro, but i love them.