Home Ratings & Reviews

Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto

image This 5

Comments

• doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I had my first of these a few weeks ago (Andy hooked me up with a 5-er for a steal) and enjoyed it. I found the pack to be really light though. This cigar just feels airy, and didn't last long for me (1:00 but I usually get 1:30-1:45 out of a robust - I smoke slow) but I did like the flavor profile. I plan on taking the rest of the pack with me to the beach to smoke while fishing.

When I order more I'm going to go the Churchill, just to get some extra burn time on it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    doromath:
    I had my first of these a few weeks ago (Andy hooked me up with a 5-er for a steal) and enjoyed it. I found the pack to be really light though. This cigar just feels airy, and didn't last long for me (1:00 but I usually get 1:30-1:45 out of a robust - I smoke slow) but I did like the flavor profile. I plan on taking the rest of the pack with me to the beach to smoke while fishing.

When I order more I'm going to go the Churchill, just to get some extra burn time on it.
    These are nice, affordable smokes. I haven't heard one single good word about the churchills though, even from lovers of the robusto size.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    doromath:

PM me your addy if you want to try the Churchill. I have a few sitting that I don't think I will smoke.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I got one of these in a bomb from TheSniper back in December. I lit it up mid March. I quickly added this one to my buy list. I really enjoyed it. I believe it was the robusto as well. Very good stick. I think I have another one so I hope to give it another try before I buy a box.

Rob
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I'm finally getting some good smoke out of the Churchills. I finally said "F it" and just pulled them from the humi. They've been dry boxing for 6 weeks and now burn just fine. Very good flavor, with lots of cedar and cocoa.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I loved the robusto and hated the churchill. What a waste of 2" of tobacco. I had suffered through half of mine before I pulled them completely from humidification. It helped but some were still junk. I cannot imagine what you can do to a good cigar to mess it up that bad.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    You dry boxed them for SIX WEEKS?!?!?!?

The Sniper:

Yes sir... during winter in Denver, which is dry as a bone. You know what's funny? They are still the softest and most moist feeling sticks I have. They have a super spongy give to them. I don't know what the hell Gran Habano did to these things, but they are impervious to drying out.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I love this cigar. I really need to get some more. Haven't had one in a long time!
  • long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    Check out my review of this cigar here: Episode #13 Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002

I loved this cigar and smoked through the whole box quickly. I have also heard the churchill size isn't as good.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I had the Gran Hanano Vintage 2002 Robusto this evening. Great smoke. The draw is a little tight as mentioned here but not bad. Dyring them out a bit could do some good. It had a great flavor. I'll def be purchasing some more!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ndhaon91:
    The Sniper:

Yes sir... during winter in Denver, which is dry as a bone. You know what's funny? They are still the softest and most moist feeling sticks I have. They have a super spongy give to them. I don't know what the hell Gran Habano did to these things, but they are impervious to drying out.
    Well I'll be damned! I gotta be honest, I smoked a number of these and was less than impressed with them. Got one left, so I will dry box it give it another go. Live and learn, live and learn...

The Sniper:
    ndhaon91:
    The Sniper:

Well I'll be damned! I gotta be honest, I smoked a number of these and was less than impressed with them. Got one left, so I will dry box it give it another go. Live and learn, live and learn...

Definitely give it a shot. After this conversation came up, I went and smoked another of the churchills because it had been awhile. I was sad when it ended. It was just an incredibly tasty, well-performing smoke. If the robustos are indeed better than what I just smoked, that would be really something.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    If the robustos are indeed better than what I just smoked, that would be really something.
    I've not had the churchill, but I'll be damned if the robusto isn't one of my top favorite smokes.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨