Home Ratings & Reviews

Vigilante Corojo

Got a box of these as a gift from a friend, just wondering what everyone thought about them. They are by Rocky Patel so they must be at least a decent smoke.
Any info on these would be great thanks!!!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I was not crazy about the first one I smoked, so I'm resting them for a few months to see where they are at then. Doesn't seem like a bad smoke, but it did seem to need some rest to me. Of course the best info...grab one, light it up and see what you think, your own preference is the only one that matters.
  • prs621prs621 Posts: 19
    I am planning on smoking one later tonight I was just wondering if anyone on here had smoked them and what they thought about them so I could get an idea of what this cigar is like. I will let you know what I think about them.   If anynone else has a thought about these please let me know!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my thoughts on this cigar?
    check near the bottom of this page in my catalog.

take this though with a grain of salt... im not a huge fan of nicaraguan tobacco OR Rocky Patel.

• dep691dep691 Posts: 311

kuzi16:
    my thoughts on this cigar?
    check near the bottom of this page in my catalog.

take this though with a grain of salt... im not a huge fan of nicaraguan tobacco OR Rocky Patel.

Yea, I didn't really care for this cigar either. Had the maduro, but I don't generally like maduros.

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have smoked these in the natural and the Maduro wrappers. I like them very much. The sticks I have are Robusto's not the Corona's. The burn on these things so far has been excellent. The ash holds on like a trooper. I usually get two ashes from these cigars, the first one hangs in for about two inches and then the second one is when I put the cigar down for the last time. I highly recomend anybody to try these in the Robusto's, they rock
    So I got to finally smoke this last night. Got a nice even light and everything was going ok. It started to get uneven after about an inch and a half but it had evened up on its own by the second inch of ash. Through those first two inches I had a strange bittersweet taste, then when I ashed it on the two inch mark the taste went from bittersweet to straight bitter and from then on was not very enjoyable to me. Not impressed by this cigar, would never buy it. I am very happy this was a gift, I would by upset about the waste of money.
    Sounds kinda similar to my experience. I'd recommend putting the box away for 3-6 months and letting them rest. I've had some cigars before that just needed some additional time, fresh they were downright horrible, but with an additional 90 days of rest they were quite good....almost as though it were a different cigar.
    These will surly sit for atleast 3 months. Just wondering joz have you smoked any of these after they have spent some time in the humi? I dont want to be too disappointed if these flop again even after sitting for a while.
    Mine are currently resting before I try them again, so no I haven't tried one with a bit of time on it. I know what you mean though, and at the very worst, at least they were a gift and you didn't buy them...which is the boat I'll be in if they are still no good after resting. I'm confident that some rest will prove to be a good thing for these cigars in particular.
    If after you guys have rested them, and if you still don't like them then, get in touch with me and we can work out a trade for the remainer of what you have.

I am trying to get a few more boxes of these from C.Com but they no longer appear in any of their lists' :(
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    If after you guys have rested them, and if you still don't like them then, get in touch with me and we can work out a trade for the remainer of what you have.

I am trying to get a few more boxes of these from C.Com but they no longer appear in any of their lists' :(
    call em. there are a few cigars they have that arent on the list cos they have too few to keep there.
    Thanks Kuzi. LOL

That's exactly what I did. I have placed a wish/ beg/ hope with Santa Jeff Jackson... I am hoping he can help me out. My son and I both love these sticks.
    Laker I would be willing to part with a few if you are willing to trade something. Just let me know.
    Done deal. Just PM me your addy and let me know how many you want to part with. I will put together a list of return sticks for your perusal.
    Are your sticks the Naturals or the Maduro's? I like 'em both at any rate.
    PM sent
    Got it. Can you let me know something about your smoking profile?
    What size / shape do you prefer? Strength? Any brand preferrences?
    Let me know and I can put together something which should make you happy :)