Home Ratings & Reviews

J.Fuego Sangre De Toro Belicoso

J Fuego Sangre De Toro Belicoso

Preflight
52x5.5 Dark Reddish brown wrapper with dark veins. Smooth, solid, and well made torpedo. Draw of well fermented tobacco almost coffee like flavors with a hint of cedar. I have high expectations of this one.

First third
Wow, right off the bat strong sweet Expresso flavors with roasted almond and leather. Full bodied and mature flavors. Expectations are blown away with just the first third.

Second Third
Continues with the same flavor components but has now a creaminess smooth full flavor no harshness or bitterness.  Some earthiness beginning to show similar to Black truffles.

Final Third
Mouth waters and wanting more looking to smoke another and I'm not even finished. Roasted Almond hits hard and flavors intensify. The same flavor profiles stay through the whole stick. Then again why would I want it to change.

Final thoughts
At less than 5 bucks a stick I can say there isn't much that tops it or even comes close. This delivers in a big way bold and flavorful. I am impressed and am planning my box purchase as I type this. I don't know who carries these online but thank goodness my B&M does.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Yeah, J. Fuego is putting out some of the best stuff on the market right now.
  • Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to try some J. Fuego sticks besides the Origens after I learned he was responsible for blending a lot of Rocky Patel stuff I like. Hopefully I can find this stick and others at some local B&M's.

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Great review! I'll have to see if they have these in stock at my b&m or if I can find a place to order some!
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    drpepperdude:
    Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to try some J. Fuego sticks besides the Origens after I learned he was responsible for blending a lot of Rocky Patel stuff I like. Hopefully I can find this stick and others at some local B&M's.

If you like the Rocky Decade or Limited I would dare to say the trumps it. I have both in my humidor and I would rather smoke this cigar. This had such smooth dark flavor all the way through. You know sometimes you want a stick to maintain a flavor throughout the stick and this cigar gives it up in spades. I like changes in flavor but if it is already giving me what I want I don't want it to change.
    I sent a PM to both of you.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's cool, I've had my eye on this one, really like what J. Fuego is doing. Funny you should post this, in the trades forum I had just put this down in the Make a Wish thread yesterday. Definitely anxious to try it now.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Damn these sound good.
    Having another one now and picked up a few Origin today, and they are just as good. J. Fuego has something on his hands and boy it is awesome. I can't believe these are as cheap as they are.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    i have a 777 by j fuego in the humi i might fire up today to see who this guy is everyone is talkin about!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    i have a 777 by j fuego in the humi i might fire up today to see who this guy is everyone is talkin about!
    If you've ever had a Rocky Patel Edge, then you've had a cigar blended by him. He does do some great stuff. The 777 Maduro is ok, but the Corojo with the maroon band is a damn good cigar! I can't wait to try the Origen and this new Sangre De Toro.
    Smoking the Origin now and I must say that it is as good as the Sangre De Toro admit at little stronger and less sweet notes. I will review the Origin next as it is every bit as impressive.