Home Ratings & Reviews

Gran Habano 3 SLS

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
Well as you all know I'm on the whole Gran Habano tour. I picked 2 of the daily deal the other day for the 3 SLS Robustos. I smoked one fresh of the truck and immediately wished I had bought an entire box. I can see this becoming my everyday economy smoke because these are just delicious, by far the best cigar for the money I've ever had.

As usual, the wrapper was one of the most oily wrappers I've seen to date. The draw was perfect with a punch. The burn was perfect throughout. Rich flavors of cream and subtle spice throughout the entire cigar. I buddy at work paid me $2 (even though I tried to give it to him) and had the exact same experience.

I highly recommend these to anyone and everyone! I will buy a lot more of these in the future!

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Thanks for the review. I've been interested in these as well, they look delicious so I'm about to purchase. On a side note, are these the same as offered on the Famous as "Gran Habano Triple"? Why they have to name them different I can understand, but Famous has slightly higher pricing coming with a box purchase. If thats the case I say hit up Ccom and Sis for the cheaper price, I just want someone who has had both to comfirm they are the same cigar just licensing bs. I'm not capable of storing boxes right now, but 20 sticks I have room for, so I'm into Ccoms if they are good.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    They are the same. They used to be called 3 Siglos but for some reason (referred to as a trademark dispute) they have been rebanded and renamed 3 SLS. Same exact blend, sometimes slangily referred to as Triple.

That's cool you like these so much Clearlysuspect, nothing like a cigar you feel goo goo over. I think I need to go smoke my Triple 3 SLS Siglos!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I remember smoking one of these a long time ago and not thinking so high of it. I'm glad I revisited this cigar. I also remember thinking it was one of the classiest bands I've ever seen so I'm glad they kept the same band when they switched from Siglo to SLS. I could hand one of these to my golf buddies and they'd think I was giving them some super expensive cigar.... and I would let them think that too! LOL!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The only Gran Habano anything Ive enjoyed has been the Blue Label, and that one only in the churchill...

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Well as you all know I'm on the whole Gran Habano tour. I picked 2 of the daily deal the other day for the 3 SLS Robustos. I smoked one fresh of the truck and immediately wished I had bought an entire box. I can see this becoming my everyday economy smoke because these are just delicious, by far the best cigar for the money I've ever had.

As usual, the wrapper was one of the most oily wrappers I've seen to date. The draw was perfect with a punch. The burn was perfect throughout. Rich flavors of cream and subtle spice throughout the entire cigar. I buddy at work paid me $2 (even though I tried to give it to him) and had the exact same experience.

I highly recommend these to anyone and everyone! I will buy a lot more of these in the future!
    There's definetely something special about that Gran Habano "spice" that's carried throughout all of their cigars that I've tried. One I haven't yet tried is the Cabinet Selection, I keep hoping they'll show up on a Daily Deal, around payday (hint, hint), or maybe the 2 for 1 board, (broad hint). :D
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain