Home General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    CDC also saying that smoking will be banned from all public places by 2020.... Hmmmf!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Honestly who the f**k is going to enforce these laws. I mean when I'm on/at the beach/park/generic public place there are no law enforcement types.

• Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Our standard of living is dropping by the year. Our future retirement, not to mention our current livelihoods are facing assaults that can land us in the street at any time. Our government is corrupt. Corporate culture would just as soon see us dead as lend a hand. And what is society fixated on? My cigar. Pathetic. When can I move to the land of the free, such as Nicaragua?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    havanaal:
    Our standard of living is dropping by the year. Our future retirement, not to mention our current livelihoods are facing assaults that can land us in the street at any time. Our government is corrupt. Corporate culture would just as soon see us dead as lend a hand. And what is society fixated on? My cigar. Pathetic. When can I move to the land of the free, such as Nicaragua?
    +1
    save for one thing...

i assure you, Nicaragua is not free.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Agree with your concern but Nicaragua is not the land of choice for cigar. If you come here than you will be disappointed because most of the top Nicaraguan made cigars are not available in the local market. I visited some cigar factory but they will not sell them to me. I manage some in different ways. They make it here, pack it here then directly export them to the US. However, Nicaragua is a beautiful country and you can smoke more or less everywhere. In that sense it is a free country-:)
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    The $!^t thats coming down the pipeline is scary. This is a scary time. Governments, banks, corporations and the global elite. These groups sole interest is in controlling what we do, how we live, what we beleive and think...everything. I'm not gonna get all depressing or conspiracy-ish but the feedoms that we have now and the things we take for granted may be ending sooner than later. If you want a little taste of what im taking about, check out a couple of documtary films. 1st, "GASLAND" and 2nd "A RIVER OF WASTE i think its called. Crazy stuff going on. Check these films out, they will blow you away.
    In short, Smoke em if you got em.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    One of the great things about being an American is your freedom to choose, as in choose what you want out of life and how you want to live with those choices. Sadly, seems the powers that be want to limit those choices. Unfortunately, we're such a litigious society I'm afraid it all contributes to these things, i.e., "My client smoked two packs of Winstons a day for thirty years and now he has stage three lung carcinoma and feels he is entitled to a $5,000,000 settlement". Now I think that type of thing is crazy (like a mother suing McDonalds because her kids got fat off of it), but it does set precedents which trickle down into other tobacco markets like cigars. I think it's funny though because premium cigars seems to be such a niche market. I mean, where do you even see cigars advertised nowadays besides cigar rags?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nothing suprises me about this government. The nanny state lives!
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    One of the great things about being an American is your freedom to choose, as in choose what you want out of life and how you want to live with those choices. Sadly, seems the powers that be want to limit those choices. Unfortunately, we're such a litigious society I'm afraid it all contributes to these things, i.e., "My client smoked two packs of Winstons a day for thirty years and now he has stage three lung carcinoma and feels he is entitled to a $5,000,000 settlement". Now I think that type of thing is crazy (like a mother suing McDonalds because her kids got fat off of it), but it does set precedents which trickle down into other tobacco markets like cigars. I think it's funny though because premium cigars seems to be such a niche market. I mean, where do you even see cigars advertised nowadays besides cigar rags?
    We seem to have forgotten that the right to choose includes accepting responsibility for our choices. We want to "choose" that which we desire, then hold someone else responsible if things don't work out ideally. We are rapidly losing freedom, and most all of us are part of the problem. We tend to take the elitist view that "I should be free to do what I like, but YOU need to be controlled". If we don't all stand together, and back the freedoms of even those things which we would not choose (within bounds of reason) we'll soon lose what freedom we have left. It is a horrendous disservice to the legacy of freedom that so many fought so hard to acquire.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    y2pascoe:
    We seem to have forgotten that the right to choose includes accepting responsibility for our choices. We want to "choose" that which we desire, then hold someone else responsible if things don't work out ideally. We are rapidly losing freedom, and most all of us are part of the problem. We tend to take the elitist view that "I should be free to do what I like, but YOU need to be controlled". If we don't all stand together, and back the freedoms of even those things which we would not choose (within bounds of reason) we'll soon lose what freedom we have left. It is a horrendous disservice to the legacy of freedom that so many fought so hard to acquire.
    Well stated, sir.