Home General Discussion

H. Upmann Banker Series

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
Although I am rarely sold on packaging, the presentation of these cigars is awesome. I ran across them this weekend at a B&M in Oklahoma and picked two up, in the Sublime size. Has anyone else tried these?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    alienmisprint:
    Although I am rarely sold on packaging, the presentation of these cigars is awesome. I ran across them this weekend at a B&M in Oklahoma and picked two up, in the Sublime size. Has anyone else tried these?
    We need pics.

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    We need pics.

+1
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of nice packaging there has been some good ones lately. The Art Deco box is cool as **** IMO.

And I'm not normally one for gigantic bands but the El Sirena is a good looking band. Now if the cigar was only as good as the band. T'wasn't bad just missing something.

Sorry for the highjack Alien.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Really? I loved the La Sirenas... Had the Trident and Sea Sprite. Both very good DPG CBL blends, IMO.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    This is a great mild cigar. I got a box and smoke them sometime. Once the box is gone, most probably I will not order it again. If you like Banker series you will also like H. Upmann Chairman's reserve.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    stephen_hannibal:
    alienmisprint:
    We need pics.

+1

• RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    Hey Alien

Your a man of good taste. I received a magazine with my last ccom order called well,... Cigar Magazine. Its a good read and very well made and good presentation as mags go. But there was an ad for H.Uppman bankers series and it looked very desirable. This packaging and presentation would rival any Gurkha line thats for sure. I also saw this cigar offered through JR. Anways, how was it. Would you be willing to do a review.
    I am not expert enough to review a cigar but I like Banker's series. It is connecticut wrapper, very yellowish. Smooth, woody, creamy with perfect burn. It is mild but for some people can be mild to medium. Sorry for my poor review. Perhaps Alien can do a better job.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I haven't smoked one yet, but when I do I'll throw up a review. Keep in mind, I'm extremely **** at doing reviews, lol.
    No problem.... Alien can do whatever they want.LOL
  • naskinasnaskinas Posts: 1
    I bought the H. Upmann Banker Series Sublime this June 6th 11

I got it for a great price, $89.95 plus shipping. The box is fantastic! The Banker’s Note is straight and aligned perfectly covered in good quality lacquer. It has a felt bottom, the hinges are tight fitting, and the top fit snugly.

I haven’t tried the cigar yet, I just brought the box to work in order to show the salespersons the Christmas is coming and each of you have about five Chefs that would love to receive this fantastic H. Upmann Banker Series Cigars as a gift. Well as it turns out, one salesmen wants to order one for Father’s Day and ask if they can ship before the 19th. As it turns out, I checked the web site where I purchase them and they are out of stock. Supply and demand dictates that I might be in a good position to make a I substantial profit.

“When you say no to Cigars, you say no to Life.”
    Nicholas