Home General Discussion

Recommended cigars over $10 MSRP

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
I've tried a decent handful of cigars in the past 6 months, probably not nearly as many brands as a lot of you on these forums, but I've had a good taste of what's out there. When I buy a cigar from my B&M, it's usually $10 or less. I tried one of my first of what I would call a high end cigar, $20 online, probably more at a cigar shop, and was pretty underwhelmed. What I want to know is what cigars are out there with that kind of price tag that are totally worth trying? And don't everyone yell Opus X at once.

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron 1926
  • txpooltxpool Posts: 30
    Agree, but I like the 1964 torpedo a little better
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Don Carlos 3
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD mysterio
    Avo 787
    anything Davidoff (especially the maduro)
    LP T52

these are some of the cigars that i like in that range. of course there are more, but thats just the few off the top of my head.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Padron 45 year, Dan Carlos Edicion de Anniversario, Fuente Anejo, Opus X, Padron 80th, Graycliff Double Espresso
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Armada, AVO No. 9 Maduro, Camacho Triple Maduro, Cohiba Red Dot
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iduno... i cant get into the Avo Maduro
    they seem to lack the complexity that the rest of the line has
    dont get me wrong i still love the maduro but they are the weakest of the Avo line. IMHO
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Depends on the kinds of cigars you like. I love the VSG, Davidoff Millennium, and Puro d'oro. I've no qualms paying what they cost. I also like most of the Avo line. The My Father series are worth it, but are probably a little below the 10 dollar mark. I don't know that I would have liked any of those when I was new to cigars though.
  • MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    Russ55:
    Depends on the kinds of cigars you like. I love the VSG, Davidoff Millennium, and Puro d'oro. I've no qualms paying what they cost. I also like most of the Avo line. The My Father series are worth it, but are probably a little below the 10 dollar mark. I don't know that I would have liked any of those when I was new to cigars though.
    I love the VSG, Davidoff Millennium, and Puro d'oro. I hear good things about these three and are on my list to add..I've been eager to try these. Now it could be you are the one that is touting these and I just keep reading your posts over and over again but i'll go with the uptake.

However, blasted Andy dropped in with the MOW Amada corona, so I had to jump on that.

As far a the original post, NO point in spending $20 for high end sticks, there're plenty of great sticks for less then that. LFD Airbender, Oliva V, Diesel Unlimited, just to name a few..
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Mperconte:
    Russ55:
    I love the VSG, Davidoff Millennium, and Puro d'oro. I hear good things about these three and are on my list to add..I've been eager to try these. Now it could be you are the one that is touting these and I just keep reading your posts over and over again but i'll go with the uptake.

However, blasted Andy dropped in with the MOW Amada corona, so I had to jump on that.

As far a the original post, NO point in spending $20 for high end sticks, there're plenty of great sticks for less then that. LFD Airbender, Oliva V, Diesel Unlimited, just to name a few..
    Good call here, I enjoy the MOW Puro Authentico, Oliva V and the LFD Airbender just as much (maybe even more) than sticks with 2x the pricetag.

As far your my response to the original question, Padron makes some of the best cigars available IMO and you can't go wrong with any of their lines. The Ashton VSG is also a really great smoke, along with most of the Fuentes.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Kuzi is right... Anything/everything Davidoff.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I'd say best bang for your buck and that you'll get at or very close to MSRP would be a Padrom 1964 anny, check out the Imperial, mind blowing!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    iduno... i cant get into the Avo Maduro
    they seem to lack the complexity that the rest of the line has
    dont get me wrong i still love the maduro but they are the weakest of the Avo line. IMHO
    AVO No. 9 Natural and maduro are the only ones I've had the occasion to try so far; for whatever reason, my local B&M's don't stock very many AVO's, so I haven't delved very far into the the line and don't know mucha bout them beyond No. 9
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hemingway Maduro, Camacho PE, Padilla Dominus, Anejo
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Jetmech_63:
    Hemingway Maduro, Camacho PE, Padilla Dominus, Anejo
    +1 on Anejo. I also thought the Fuente Hemingway Between The Lines was PHENOMINAL as well, but they're tough to find...

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I don't usually spend over $10 per cigar, but the times that I have and felt were worth it have already been mentioned. So I'll second the Padron 1926 and 1964, and the Fuente Don Carlos.