Home Non Cigar Related

Alabama BOTL's Ok?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just wanted to do a quick check up on our brothers in Alabama and other areas hit by tornadoes in the last couple days! Everyone alright? Alex is the first to come to mind...

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Just wanted to do a quick check up on our brothers in Alabama and other areas hit by tornadoes in the last couple days! Everyone alright? Alex is the first to come to mind...
    I think Alabama got it worse, here at the homestead in West TN we lost our apple tree, ripped out of the ground, and I've just spent most of the last two days picking up debris and cutting up a 40 foor cedar we lost. Nice posts, and we're needing fence, so, I'm grateful. One of our neighbors lost about 18 Bradford Pear trees, and others lost more, but no serious injuries in our area, that I'm aware of.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Glad you're ok bro!
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Kreig too, he lives out in NW GA, same county as me. We lost a bunch of trees but they all fell away from the house. Kids were scared to death and school was closed today, but everything seems to be ok.
    Glad to hear from you guys. Just saw Alex Williams post on FB so at least we know he survived too. Anyone else from that area on here we haven't heard from?
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    We made it through just fine here. I was worried about some of the pines coming down (had one fall om my car and the garage in December) but they all held up thankfully.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I'm allright. We got it pretty bad here in vestavia but not near as bad as Tuscaloosa or cullman. Still no power. 10 cars in my apartment complex got totaled by falling trees. A big limb fell on my dads car but only caused a dent. By Gods good grace we didn't get hurt. Vast amOunts of destruction in my area. I'll post pics tomorrow. Been busy helpin a friend free up his house from a massive pine all day. 415, if you read this know it might take a little bit to get your end of the trade out. My apt complex is blocked in with a power line so I had to make my own damn road outta here but no mail. I'll make up for it. Those who are financially able, I plead with you to donate to the red cross for the families who lost everything. It's only ten dollars but it will make a big difference. I have friends and family who lost literally everything. Please keep Alabama and the affected areas in your thoughts and prayers.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    I'm allright. We got it pretty bad here in vestavia but not near as bad as Tuscaloosa or cullman. Still no power. 10 cars in my apartment complex got totaled by falling trees. A big limb fell on my dads car but only caused a dent. By Gods good grace we didn't get hurt. Vast amOunts of destruction in my area. I'll post pics tomorrow. Been busy helpin a friend free up his house from a massive pine all day. 415, if you read this know it might take a little bit to get your end of the trade out. My apt complex is blocked in with a power line so I had to make my own damn road outta here but no mail. I'll make up for it. Those who are financially able, I plead with you to donate to the red cross for the families who lost everything. It's only ten dollars but it will make a big difference. I have friends and family who lost literally everything. Please keep Alabama and the affected areas in your thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear you're alright and pulled through unscathed!
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Alex Williams:
    no worries. just glad you and your family are ok
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Krieg and I live in the same neighborhood. Thankfully we were spared, the tornado was just north of us. Glad all the BOTL's are checking in well so far!
    Well I'm very thankful everyone here is ok. Always hate to hear about things like this and always get concerned about my bros in our Ccom family! My prayers are with everyone in these areas.