Home Non Cigar Related

New home security system... aka New Shotgun!

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I finally went and bought my first ever firearm today. Picked up a Mossberg 88 Maverick 12 ga shotgun and 90 rounds of ammunition.

Next up, a 22 ga German Carbonite assault rifle with a badass scope on it and some form of side arm.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very nice, more guns is always a good thing!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Very nice, more guns is always a good thing!
    +1
    The more guns the better, I wish I had as many guns as I have cigars.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    22 gauge......assault rifle.....scope......22gauge?? Don't have a clue WTF that is but I sure as *** want one :)!!
    Jetmech_63:
    22 gauge......assault rifle.....scope......22gauge?? Don't have a clue WTF that is but I sure as *** want one :)!!
    Are you talking about a 22 caliber/410ga combo?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The more guns the better, I wish I had as many guns as I have cigars.
    I can honestly say that both collections are in triple digits.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    90 rounds, I love it
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I guess its a 22 caliber. I'm still learning all the technical terms. I'm probably gonna buy this thing this weekend so I'll post some pictures.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you're new to guns. I'm all in support of this, but, is there someone helping you learn the ropes? Reminds me of something that happened (no horror story) when my son was sixteen. I was leaving for a couple of days, he was going to be home, alone, for the first time. I asked him; "Which guns in the house are loaded?" , he looked at me and said "None of them, I saw you unload them." my reply: "WRONG!, they're all loaded every time you pick them up, until YOU'VE checked."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Same shot gun I bought for my first gun. Don't worry pretty soon your money will split between guns and cigars.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite familiar with gun safety from my experiences in Navy bootcamp. That's really the only time I've ever handled guns before. Plus all the safety literature that comes with the gun is very informative as to what and what not to do and how to teach your kids and family. I'm sure I'll take a safety class and I work with plenty of Marines and Army vets who can teach me how to shoot.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I

guns
    One God, One Truth
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Damn Kevin, triple digits in guns, I wanna be as cool as you when I grow up! I thought I was doing good at 34.... Err. 35, just got a smith 642 yesterday. If you're looking for a great 22 check out the ruger 10/22. Loads of fun those little things are and accurate out of the box(cheap too) but with a few mods you can easily do yourself you'll be flicking fleas in no time!
    Heck, jet, who wants to grow up? The Mossbergs are great HD guns, especially if you are a lefty as the ergonomics are very good for those folks. If I really want to intimidate I'll pull out the Saiga12 with the 20 round drum mag....

You'll like the 642, it's what I carry as my backup or when I can only take something small.

Here's just a small part of the collection, some of the AK wing... all but two of these were homebuilt. The Saiga 12 is at the top (drum not shown). AK family
    zoom6zoom:
    Heck, jet, who wants to grow up? The Mossbergs are great HD guns, especially if you are a lefty as the ergonomics are very good for those folks. If I really want to intimidate I'll pull out the Saiga12 with the 20 round drum mag....

You'll like the 642, it's what I carry as my backup or when I can only take something small.

Here's just a small part of the collection, some of the AK wing... all but two of these were homebuilt. The Saiga 12 is at the top (drum not shown). AK family
    LOVE IT!!!!! I think I am tearing up with joy. I love the rifle grenade, very nice collection.
  • MR SmithMR Smith Posts: 2
    Our product THE-BACKUP LLC offers the best accessibility to your home security shotgun.
    Check it out The-BackUp | The Bedside Gun Rack

ONLY 39.95 Free shipping
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I bought one of your BackUp gun racks but I use it to cradle a long pepperoni stick for middle-of-the-night cravings.

That's a beautiful (partial!?)collection zoom, I'm not ashamed to be committing a deadly sin while looking at it.
    Yes, partial. It's not even all my AK's.
    MR Smith:
    Our product THE-BACKUP LLC offers the best accessibility to your home security shotgun.
    Check it out The-BackUp | The Bedside Gun Rack

ONLY 39.95 Free shipping

From your website: "The shotgun provides a wide spray." Dude, seriously? You've been watching too many movies. You might want to actually go shoot one sometime. The pattern from a 12 gauge at the distance in most home defense encounters is no larger than your fist. And buckshot can penetrate walls too.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    I finally went and bought my first ever firearm today. Picked up a Mossberg 88 Maverick 12 ga shotgun and 90 rounds of ammunition.

Next up, a 22 ga German Carbonite assault rifle with a badass scope on it and some form of side arm.

If I was breaking in your house you'd need more than 90 rounds to hit me. ;-)
    phobicsquirrel:
    clearlysuspect:

If I was breaking in your house you'd need more than 90 rounds to hit me. ;-)
    Bring it. Photobucket