Home Non Cigar Related

My kid won't eat

It's been 3 days and I 11 month old has really not eaten anything. He's been drinking his milk but no food. He is teething right now and I'm hoping thats why he is not eating his food. The wife and I our getting a little worry about him not eating Just wondering if anybody out had the same thing go on when there kids where teething?

Comments

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    My grand daughter did the same thing when she was teething. matter of fact there were times after feeding she would just throw it back up. Teething is tough on them, I would say to be sure give the doctor a call if you are a bit worried
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    "off their food" as it is called, due to the age and teething. So long as he is drinking and isnt losing weight or dehydrated-----totally normal.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Vulchor:
    "off their food" as it is called, due to the age and teething. So long as he is drinking and isnt losing weight or dehydrated-----totally normal.
    Yup. Totally normal. We have a 15 month old, and he does the same thing everyonce in a while. Someone once told me "a baby has a way of not starving themselves as long as food is offered." It was a funny way of looking at it, becuase when your in the situation you don't see it clearly. So that little phrase has been helpful when our little dude, goes on his hunger strikes. So hang in there man. Take a step back and ride out the hunger strike. All kids do it, and yours will off and on as well. So don't sweat it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    teething is tough on those little ones. My oldest did the samething back when he was teething. Dr said to give him some infants motrin, which seemed to help a lot. We would give him a bottle and a dose before bed time and he started sleeping through the night. And had another dose the next day and was able to start eating after a while. Talk to your dr if you are worried, that's what they're there for!

"Long ashes my friends."

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I know the feelings you are going through. But know this, kids are like frickin basketballs! Life takes a much heavier toll on the parent.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironmick63:
    It's been 3 days and I 11 month old has really not eaten anything. He's been drinking his milk but no food. He is teething right now and I'm hoping thats why he is not eating his food. The wife and I our getting a little worry about him not eating Just wondering if anybody out had the same thing go on when there kids where teething?
    It is EXTREMELY important that he be not surviving on JUST milk!!! I've seen a couple of "milk-babies" in ER, and while they can live on it for awhile, eventually there WILL be problems. Remember, kids don't know what they need, it is your responsibility to ensure that something is added to this diet. See your pediatrician if necessary. Oh, and it's not uncommon, and not dangerous, unless it goes on too long.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you put a pill in a dogs mouth and hold it's mouth shut, it'll swallow the pill . . . I suppose I should mention I don't have kids and don't particularly care for them either, but just a suggestion ;)
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    xmacro:
    If you put a pill in a dogs mouth and hold it's mouth shut, it'll swallow the pill . . . I suppose I should mention I don't have kids and don't particularly care for them either, but just a suggestion ;)
    ROTFLMAO you sick puppy.LOL
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    beatnic:
    xmacro:
    +1
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    DSWarmack:
    beatnic:
    xmacro:
    +1
    +2
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Ironmick63:
    Been there.. Freeze some fruit, grapes, melons, banana, (avoid strawberries) cold takes away some of the pain, enough to sneak some vegetable baby food in. Good idea to see what his Doc thinks too.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Maybe something to drink that has more vital nutrients, some combination of Ensure and Pedialyte? I don't have kids, don't now anything about them, but my mom's not eating much anymore and that's what she 'drinks' through a feeding tube.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've been there brother and I know it can be hard on your nerves, but it is very common. Hell my son is almost 3 and there times it is a fight to get him to eat. Mostly because he doesn't want to stop playing long enough to sit still and eat.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Tell us how you really feel! lol
    Light 'em up.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have a 17 mo old that did the same thing @ 11-12 months, we just kept feeding him formula (Good Start) and gave him pedialyte, you might also try letting your child knaw on a frozen banana , that is what our pediatrican told us; my wife got a meshbag looking apparatus on a handle at Babies R Us that is made for infants, that holds fresh/frozen foods.
    My little guy just went to the dentist only to find out he has 17 teeth, I guess 1 for every month :).

Here is the item.
    Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    Thanks for the help guys you really help me out. The wife and I are going try some of those things out.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Cow's milk, formula or mother's milk? Which one makes all the difference in the world as to how long they can go with only that as their intake.
    ShotgunJohn:
    I have a 17 mo old that did the same thing @ 11-12 months, we just kept feeding him formula (Good Start) and gave him pedialyte, you might also try letting your child knaw on a frozen banana , that is what our pediatrican told us; my wife got a meshbag looking apparatus on a handle at Babies R Us that is made for infants, that holds fresh/frozen foods.
    My little guy just went to the dentist only to find out he has 17 teeth, I guess 1 for every month :).

Here is the item.
    We have two of these and I just use it with some fresh cold fruit and it work. Thanks for the idea
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Ironmick63:
    ShotgunJohn:

Here is the item.
    We have two of these and I just use it with some fresh cold fruit and it work. Thanks for the idea
    You're welcome, good luck.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    bump, hows the little one doing mick?
    letsgowithbob:
    bump, hows the little one doing mick?
    Oliver is still not eating the way he was but he is starting to turn around yesterday he started to eat some things and hopfullly today he will eat more. Thanks for asking.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Well glad to hear he is eating a little more. I think our kids can scare us more than anything else. Hope he continues in the right direction.