Home Non Cigar Related

Music Interests

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    strange... i dont think a single person has mentioned Led Zeppelin.

i dont know why i didnt. that band has influenced my life more than some girls that i have dated.
    I did. Check my post. They are my FAVORITE BAND.
    Wait, I had it there, but I didn't have a line break before it. I fixed that.
    got ya.

if Led Zeppelin goes on tour i will take a second mortgage if i need to so i can get there. I will travel across the country if need be. My wife and i ACTUALLY TOOK OUT AN OPEN ENDED LINE OF CREDIT for this when we heard rumors that they were thinking of going on tour. I love her.

I am sure that show will be almost as amazing as my wedding. I may even shed a tear of joy. im gettin all misty thinkin about it right now.

• kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    strange... i dont think a single person has mentioned Led Zeppelin.

i dont know why i didnt. that band has influenced my life more than some girls that i have dated.
    I did. Check my post. They are my FAVORITE BAND.
    Wait, I had it there, but I didn't have a line break before it. I fixed that.
    got ya.

if Led Zeppelin goes on tour i will take a second mortgage if i need to so i can get there. I will travel across the country if need be. My wife and i ACTUALLY TOOK OUT AN OPEN ENDED LINE OF CREDIT for this when we heard rumors that they were thinking of going on tour. I love her.

I am sure that show will be almost as amazing as my wedding. I may even shed a tear of joy. im gettin all misty thinkin about it right now.

Nerd!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've seen Page and Plant once but I doubt the full Zep will tour. Well it wouldn't be complete anyways since Bonham died. Am I correct in that they have not played since Bonham died?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Last I heard is that they are going to tour without Plant. He doesn't want to tour and they are auditioning singers. I also heard that with this new singer they would do original stuff.

Maddy, I can't remember if they did play or not. I remember something like maybe Live Aid or something similar right after Bonham died but i could be wrong. You do know that they did one show last year on December 10th? There are some videos on youtube.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/2008/01/03/led-zeppelin-o2-london-reviews
    Is that the show they did with Bonhams son? I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to tour with Bonhams son on drums.
    madurofan:
    Is that the show they did with Bonhams son? I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to tour with Bonhams son on drums.
    Yeah, that's the show.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I don't like country, I do like most everything else, Fuel, Offspring, Sting, Bad Religion, Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed...
    rwheelwright:
    Last I heard is that they are going to tour without Plant. He doesn't want to tour and they are auditioning singers. I also heard that with this new singer they would do original stuff.

Maddy, I can't remember if they did play or not. I remember something like maybe Live Aid or something similar right after Bonham died but i could be wrong. You do know that they did one show last year on December 10th? There are some videos on youtube.

thats the show that caused the rumors that they would tour. Plant didnt want to so he could go play some crappy folksy *** with Alison Kraouse. *** her. ... not in the good way either.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    I'm a huge underground, intelligent rap fan. Atmosphere, Josh Martinez, Sage Francis, The Let Go

intelligent, yes ...I like to call it conscious rap too...In which I tend to get into Jurassic 5 (older stuff mostly), Michael Franti & Spearhead (more funk/reggae/rock), Lyrics Born, and Atmosphere every once in a while.
    I like that conscious rap ... I might steal that. Have you listened to Josh or Sage? I'll burn you a disc with best of Josh Martinez if you'd like. Youtube Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot if you've never heard it. IMHO one of the best 3 rap songs of all time.
    I remember the old Jurassic 5 stuff.

No need to burn any discs...I'll look em up. The wonders of the internet...especially when you get 100 downloads a month from eMusic...I can't keep up...too much new music!
    I guess I can't be too surprised that there aren't a gaggle of Phish phans on here, they tend to smoke other things. I still love the music they made/make and am at least intrigued about their return to the stage this march and upcoming tour this summer. I last saw them in Feb 03. Def some of the most amazing musical experiences I've had, even without the use of illegal substances.
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

thats the show that caused the rumors that they would tour. Plant didnt want to so he could go play some crappy folksy *** with Alison Kraouse. *** her. ... not in the good way either.
    Did you listen to that Album? It was um.... Interesting. That's about all I can say about it.
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

Did you listen to that Album? It was um.... Interesting. That's about all I can say about it.

I'll be honest. I didn't think it was horrible, it was just far below what either of them can do in their own respective avenues!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Let me allow my most-played count on iTunes tell me who my favorites are:

Will Bradley
    Enya
    Stabbing Westward
    Garbage
    The Offspring
    Frank Sinatra
    John Denver
    Glenn Miller
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Show Tunes (Les Miserables and Miss Saigon in particular)
    Oscar Brand
    The Supremes
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    R.E.M.
    Nine Inch Nails
    Billy Joel
    The Refreshments
    Various Classical (mostly Wagner sans the opera singing) Fannigan's Isle
    Paul Simon (& Garfunkel)
    The Ramones
    Yanni
    U2
    Neil Diamond
    Belly

OK, that was embarrassing
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Seriously, Yanni? Well to offset that....ugliness, I went to the Sword, Lamb of God and Metallica tour tonight in San Diego.

One word: Epic.

Its been 4 hours since they let out and I still hear stuff like its underwater.
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

i heard it. I even saw a video on MTV for it. *** that album

*** Alison Kraouse and *** Robert Plant for wanting to play with her instead of one of the greatest bands that have ever walked this earth.
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

*** Alison Kraouse and *** Robert Plant for wanting to play with her instead of one of the greatest bands that have ever walked this earth.
    Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
    Haha! Plant, really is being a douche!
    I tend to respect musicians taking a step out and doing something different, even adventurous. But in that project, Plant couldn't bring his best aspects to the project, it was a total removal from his Robert Plant"ness". In that way, he was just trying something different. For any reason he isn't agreeing to playing with the old band members, he may be being a douche. I just don't know, but I do know if they all got back together to play, it would be far from the same as any previous show they've played...maybe same music, but people would undoubtedly refer to it as a nostalgia act.

If you look at the Grateful Dead, since 1995, have not played as "The Grateful Dead". Instead the remaining members have performed as The Other Ones or The Dead, you could even lump Phil & Friends and Ratdog in their, but if you talk to someone who saw the original dead in any one of the three decades they played, they would tell you that "just isn't the dead", even with the same members, even the music had evolved.

I honestly believe that things have to change, including our favorite music/musicians. I love Phish, and I've seen them through a hiatus, several different side projects, and now coming back on the scene. They've been playing for 25 years, and some of the songs they played in 2003 were originally written in 1983. Can you imagine playing the same song for 20 years, the same way? Their music had evolved and still, they had to take a hiatus from 2000-2003, then "stop indefinitely" in 2005.

I'll stop lest I digress. My point is that people have to change! Even if they are musicians, and they'll do what they want. Plant did that, played some tunes with a country girl with a very honest voice and in my opinion created some ok music. He missed on this one, but at least he's trying.
    i agree that people have to change. I just feel that his current project with AK is crap. I was ok with almost all of his other stuff. his solo career wasnt Led Zeppelin... but at least it was good.
    his solo career was pretty true to his style...this recent project was not
    dutyje:

Will Bradley
    Enya
    Stabbing Westward
    Garbage
    The Offspring
    Frank Sinatra
    John Denver
    Glenn Miller
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Oscar Brand
    The Supremes
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    R.E.M.
    Nine Inch Nails
    Billy Joel
    The Refreshments
    Paul Simon (& Garfunkel)
    The Ramones
    Yanni
    U2
    Neil Diamond
    Belly

Yanni! Yanni? Yanni?!? Is your wife aware of your persuasion?
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

Will Bradley
    Enya
    Stabbing Westward
    Garbage
    The Offspring
    Frank Sinatra
    John Denver
    Glenn Miller
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Oscar Brand
    The Supremes
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    R.E.M.
    Nine Inch Nails
    Billy Joel
    The Refreshments
    Paul Simon (& Garfunkel)
    The Ramones
    Yanni
    U2
    Neil Diamond
    Belly

I, myself, do not see where Yanni and hockey injuries mix.
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

Will Bradley
    Enya
    Stabbing Westward
    Garbage
    The Offspring
    Frank Sinatra
    John Denver
    Glenn Miller
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Oscar Brand
    The Supremes
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    R.E.M.
    Nine Inch Nails
    Billy Joel
    The Refreshments
    Paul Simon (& Garfunkel)
    The Ramones
    Yanni
    U2
    Neil Diamond
    Belly

I, myself, do not see where Yanni and hockey injuries mix.
    Agreed.
    the hockey team fount his Ipod.

they beat him up over it.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I enjoy trying to play some of his songs on the piano. The problem with Yanni is that people associate him with his worst stuff. And that gay haircut of his (not that there's anything wrong with that). I enjoy his not-quite-so-bad stuff, which is not on his well-known albums. But yeah... I almost didn't even put that on the list, but I had to retain the integrity of my chosen pattern, which was to use iTunes as my guide.
    an integrity win over ego...i can respect that! But turn the yanni down already, it's infiltrating my egoic bubble of music snobbery!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    At least he didn't say John Tesh.
    dutyje:
    I enjoy trying to play some of his songs on the piano. The problem with Yanni is that people associate him with his worst stuff. And that gay haircut of his (not that there's anything wrong with that). I enjoy his not-quite-so-bad stuff, which is not on his well-known albums. But yeah... I almost didn't even put that on the list, but I had to retain the integrity of my chosen pattern, which was to use iTunes as my guide.
    like bbc said... i can respect the integrity...

i just woulda stopped at The Ramones.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    anyone into the Kaiser Chiefs? Muse? Bloc Party?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Muse fan.