Home General Discussion

What Is The Meaning Of BOTL????

edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
I've been on this forum for a bit of time and i can't figure out what BOTL means. Well i know it probably means Cigar Smoker but what does each letter allude to. Thanks,

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648

brothers of the leaf The other saying is BORK....however I havn't figured that one out yet so I cant help you there!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh..... Brothers Of The Leaf.... Love it.... Now maybe someone can help us out with BORK...
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Look at your keyboard. I think BORK is mistyped BOTL
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Bork is the curse of being fat fingered ...... The t and l in BOTL are replaced by the r and k ....... Just a mistake that caught on .
    hahahaha.... This cleared things up.... I'm pretty sure people are using BORK as if it's a real word and not a typo....
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sort of, people are using BORK as a funny, Ccom inside joke.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Entirely accurate. It was actually a conspiracy - started out as a fat-fingered typo, then it became a "Let's use it regularly to f*ck with the new guys" lol
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Bring On The Ligero :)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    edelrionyc:
    I've been on this forum for a bit of time and i can't figure out what BOTL means. Well i know it probably means Cigar Smoker but what does each letter allude to. Thanks,
    F.N.G. !! Gotta teach them everything.
    Jetmech_63:
    Haha nice!

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Hays:
    bigharpoon:
    Entirely accurate. It was actually a conspiracy - started out as a fat-fingered typo, then it became a "Let's use it regularly to f*ck with the new guys" lol
    :)
    Hays:
    bigharpoon:
    Mission complete... I was completely confused... I thought BOTL and BORK were two differant terms and i didn't know what any of them meant....
    Jetmech_63:
    This probably means something else as well.... SMH
    edelrionyc:
    Jetmech_63:
    This probably means something else as well.... SMH
    OMG dude... he was suggesting that "BOTL" was "Bring On The Ligero" - ligero being the leaf that contributes most of the strength to a cigar...

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Hays:
    bigharpoon:
    :)

can you imagine how many times the word BORK has been googled..lol I know I'm guilty of searching for it when I was a newbie on here.....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wanna know the REAL meaning of BOTL/BORK?
    just check out these threads:
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK

i could probably post those for hours.
  • RCCCigarRCCCigar Posts: 106
    I'm glad somebody asked what BOTL meant! I've been looking through this whole forum trying to figure that out!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK

+1
    RCCCigar:
    I'm glad somebody asked what BOTL meant! I've been looking through this whole forum trying to figure that out!
    This had me stumped for some time... I gave up searching and decided to just ask....
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    edelrionyc:
    RCCCigar:
    This had me stumped for some time... I gave up searching and decided to just ask....

If there is something you dont understand, this is the place to ask! The guys here help everyone, and you'll get to meet some really cool folks. When I first showed up a few months ago it was like going home.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    DSWarmack:
    edelrionyc:
    RCCCigar:

If there is something you dont understand, this is the place to ask! The guys here help everyone, and you'll get to meet some really cool folks. When I first showed up a few months ago it was like going home.
    It truely is a easy forum to settle into.
    alienmisprint:
    kuzi16:
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK

+1
    Abso-freakin-lutely. Very well-put Kuzi.