Home General Discussion

Help Me Decide My Next Purchase!

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. Unfortunately, my wife and I were looking into our finances and determined that we couldn't afford to go to Cigarfest. However, my parents and grandparents deposited a bit of belated birthday money into my account. Now, I can afford to buy myself a small belated birthday present without having to sacrifice my immigration fees or food! But I need some help deciding.

I was thinking of doing one of the following:
Box of The Griffin's robusto
Box split of AVO Classic
Box split of AVO Domaine
Box split of Camacho Corojo
5 pack of Padron 1926 No. 6 maduro
5 pack of Padron 1964 Exclusivo maduro

Or I just say "Eff it all" and get a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green.

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    AVO Domaine or the jonnie walker green
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I say stash the cash and wait for the new Mow samplers. That's a double down if I ever saw one, but then I like MoW, you can't go wrong with Moe. Can't go wrong with JW either, never tried the green label. My B-Day today, got some Armadas coming this am, I hope.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you do the camacho corojo you can put em away for a few years and they will age amazingly well. that and this years release has some of the best wrappers they have seen in a long time (according to camacho)
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Camacho or AVO Domaine would be my vote.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Have you tried all of those? I wouldn't buy a box of anything without knowing I loved it first.

Edit: of those, I'd choose the camacho, but that's just what I like.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Since you listed the Avo's AND a couple different maduros, have you ever had an Avo Maduro? You've got to look around a bit to find them, but they are IMHO excellent sticks at a less-than-break-the-bank price.

Barring that, I say go with one of the Padrons. Mostly because I know you are a Padron ****. :-)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    To me, Griffins and Avo Classic are just about the same experience.. And that is a consistantly pleasant cigar. These were two of my favorites before I ventured into a fuller bodied/strength cigars and I still enjoy them today.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    I say stash the cash and wait for the new Mow samplers. That's a double down if I ever saw one, but then I like MoW, you can't go wrong with Moe. Can't go wrong with JW either, never tried the green label. My B-Day today, got some Armadas coming this am, I hope.

OH SNAP!!! Did anyone notice what he said? Well, I was gone all day yesterday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY The3Stogies!!!

Wayne, you already know my choices. AVO Classic Or Camacho Corojo. Never had The AVO Domaine or any Padron. JW Green Label, get it just cause, lol. Sorry for the brief hijacking, don't think anyone notice his birthday.
    RCY Cigars:

OH SNAP!!!
    Busted, good recon. Trying to be low profile. Thank you brother. Apologies for the highjack too.

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday, 3Stogies. Hope you had something good.
    wwhwang:
    Happy belated birthday, 3Stogies. Hope you had something good.
    Thanks Wayne. Bought myself a cigar of the month club membership, you guys got me hooked, I'm in. Wife bought me a 250cnt humi and a keg of 5-Vegas Cask II. Life is good eh brother.