Home General Discussion

Blind Box Purchase

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
So, I just made a blind box purchase. It wasn't my first, and likely won't be my last. If you had asked me a couple of years ago, I would've said I would never buy a box without trying them first, that would be a stupid idea. So, what has changed?

These forums. As long as it is a box that is fairly highly regarded here, I know there won't be an issue trading them off if I do happen to dislike them. Not to mention I will almost certainly enjoy the cigars because of everyone here's opinions and reviews. I guess what all this comes down to is, thank you Ccom forums. Thank you for making me feel welcome enough to know without doubt I will be able to find someone to trade with. Thank you for providing insightful, well-thought out opinions on cigars I have yet to try. Thank you for bombing me with unexpected cigars, allowing me to try sticks I would certainly not have purchased myself. Thank you a bunch of other *** too, but you get the idea.

I have been a member on a few different forums before (none cigar-related) and have never seen the kind of family that has developed here. I know this stuff has been hit on before, but I really got to thinking about it after I placed that order. Thank you to all the BoTL here who have been part of my cigar journey so far, you have done nothing but enhance the experience.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ..so when you say blind box purchase, do you know what it is or just never tried them before..
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Dude, that's cool and all, but what was the freaking box of???? Lmao
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    You guys are crazy, thank you Alien. By the way, I rarely smoke a churchill size cigar. But since I got that sampler. I did like that one, and you should try it.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    1. I agree with you 100% about this forum.

2. What the f*&# did you buy blind???
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about that, lol. I bought a box of Tatuaje Anarchy. I also did a sort-of blind purchase with Tim. I told him some cigars I was interested in and gave him a price range. He shot me an email back saying he was going to impress me with this one, lol, so we will see.

That's another thing about Ccom....I wouldn't just give any other retailer (cigar or otherwise) a lump of money and trust that I would be satisfied with what they mailed out to me.

And DS, are you talking about the Particulares?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a nice surprise is on the way. I'll bet this may happen with other members. Great Idea.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Don't know if you meant me Alien, RCY. But you told me about Mi Barrio El Acere. I bought the sampler and wasn't to paticular about one size. But I tried the churchill and that worked for me.

Kaspera79..........
    My bad RC, I misread the name of the poster. Thanks for the heads up. When my box is out (or running low), I plan to pick up another one. I want to grab a different size though, and eventually get all the boxes since each one has different art on it. Looks like the Churchill is up next.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Anything DPG is hardly a blind purchase imo. I think you're gonna love the Anarchy Tony.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree. I buy cigars I've never had before, including box purchases, all the time based solely on other peoples good reviews. I feel like it's a risk-free endeavor because if the particular cigar is getting raves than I know even if I don't like it I still stand an excellent chance of trading them off for even more cigars I probably haven't tried. This forum and the excellent members in it have had an invaluable affect on my love of cigar smoking.
    j0z3r:
    Anything DPG is hardly a blind purchase imo. I think you're gonna love the Anarchy Tony.

I am sure I will too Joe, your opinion of them was a big factor in making the purchase. And although I'm not quite as gung-ho for DPG as some, I have yet to have a Tat I didn't like. It was a blind purchase, but I was peeking a little I guess you could say.

bigharpoon:
    I absolutely agree. I buy cigars I've never had before, including box purchases, all the time based solely on other peoples good reviews. I feel like it's a risk-free endeavor because if the particular cigar is getting raves than I know even if I don't like it I still stand an excellent chance of trading them off for even more cigars I probably haven't tried. This forum and the excellent members in it have had an invaluable affect on my love of cigar smoking.

Exactly my sentiments.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom has the" family owned, brick and mortar" mentality, when it comes to customer service.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    That's nice of you guys buying boxes from the blind.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    I have been a member on a few different forums before (none cigar-related) and have never seen the kind of family that has developed here. I know this stuff has been hit on before, but I really got to thinking about it after I placed that order. Thank you to all the BoTL here who have been part of my cigar journey so far, you have done nothing but enhance the experience.
    +1
    Could not agree more alien. Learned so much from this forum in the short time I have been here too, thank you all. This site to me is "Da College of Cigar Knowledge". I'm proud to be a member of this dysfunctional family.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    The3Stogies:
    alienmisprint:
    +1
    Could not agree more alien. Learned so much from this forum in the short time I have been here too, thank you all. This site to me is "Da College of Cigar Knowledge". I'm proud to be a member of this dysfunctional family.
    +1 I too have purchased boxs per this forum feed back and will continue to do so. Thats not my normal m.o. but this site is one of a kind.