Home Ratings & Reviews

Final Blend

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Sorry this isn't in typical review format, and isn't a typical review, but I smoked a Final Blend robusto tonight and just had to give some of my impressions. It has 4.5 months of rest in 70F/68% constant conditions in my aging humidor. First off appearance, it looked beautiful, no major veins, very smooth looking wrapper and very good looking for a maduro wrapper. It did look a bit dry compared to other maddies I've smoked, but its been in perfect 70/68 for 6 months so they just look that way. Upon close up inspection it has fine hairs and you can really see how leafy and delicious it looks while you're smoking it. Good looking maduro. Construction, was fairly A plus. It lit well, burned perfect no touch ups and in Pennsylvania tonight we had some slight wind. At the mid point I hit a point where it almost went out, but I also had to drive in town for some supplies and I forgot to puff for 2 to 3 minutes. After I got out of traffic and paid more attention it went back to flawless burn and taste, razor sharp burn edge. One othe thing I noted on construction, this cigar felt light, yet was packed rock hard. I've had many rock hard cigars that were heavy in the hand, but this was light and it burned for almost an hour and a half. A plus there. Taste, I'm not at all experienced enough to distinguish flavors, but this gave me what I love in maduros and why I smoke mostly maduros. Of all the Maddies I've smoked, this one gave me the strongest and best Cocoa/Sweet chocolate aftertaste I've ever had. I would take a puff and then after 45 seconds of relaxing get this amazing sweet chocolate/sugared coffee taste in my mouth, it was delicious. Other than that I didn't pick up many tastes but again I'm a 2 yr cigar newb so others will get the nuances if they are there. Overall Amazing taste and I enjoyed the heck out of this flavor. Finally Value, These can be had dirt cheap. I scored this robusto 5 pack for like 13.99. May have been 12.99 I can't remember, but these are offered regularly if you know where. I apologize if this isn't allowed to be discussed here, but I enjoyed it pretty well and its worth a shot if you like a cheap daily maduro. Final Impression, This was a tasty cigar any way or any day. It wasn't knock my socks off I'm posting end of the cigar world reviews, but it was very good and when you factor in price I'm stunned and will stock a box of these to age no questions asked. I'll be hitting up 4 of the 5 pack robustos for less than 60 bucks next time I see them. These may need rest I don't know as mine are at almost 5 months I think and are amazing to relax with. Let me know if you like them or if my attempted description sucked.

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I need to learn how to put paragraph breaks in this forum. Sorry guys, I'm still a newb forum member. Sorry for the wall-o-text.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Type < then br then a greater than sign but take out the spaces and "then"
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Great review, I have been curious about those for a while, and I have had a friend recommend them to me. I guess all this adds up to me needing to try a couple.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I had a 5 pack of these a while back and they were decent but did not impress me with Wow, I need to get some more of those.