Home General Discussion

Cinco de Mayo!

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
Ole!
Well Cinco de Mayo is coming up and it happens to be my birthday. I usually show up at a Mexican restaurant and get the royal treatment.
I was wondering what cigar should follow one of these gastrological experiences? The Anejo has a celebratory feel to it. I also have some Hemmingways (maduro) and Double Chateau Classics. A 6 mo. Fuente/Fuente is also in my box, but the general consensus around here is to let that rest a full year.
I'm not a fan of Mexican potables, and am currently watching my adult beverage consumption, so I'll probably pour just a small dram of single malt.
Another choice, and here's where I'm looking for forum help, would be to smoke a Mexican Cigar.

Are there any quality hand rolled cigars coming out of Mexico? I know I can find cigars with Mexican tobacco, but factories and brand names of Mexican cigars? Any input out there?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Yeah, there's plenty of mexican cigars - problem is that it's illegal to buy, sell, smoke, or grow them in the US. Though you could always ask some high school or college kids to hook you up with some authentic mexican products ;)

For a libation, you could always try some tequila, and see if your local B&M has any of these: http://www.cigarcabana.com/mexican-cigars.html

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Te-Amo makes a decent smoke.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    ... all opinions are exclusive to the author, ( not a fan) but I may be the only one in the world to disagree. I have a neighbor who will smoke those exclusively. It is the cigar all others are measured by.. In HIS opinion.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    lilwing88:
    ... all opinions are exclusive to the author, ( not a fan) but I may be the only one in the world to disagree. I have a neighbor who will smoke those exclusively. It is the cigar all others are measured by.. In HIS opinion.
    I've only ever had the World Selection Series. It was pretty decent. And for the price, I'd recommend it as test-worthy. I wouldn't go out and but a box but I'd smoke one again.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    If memory serves me correct...Alec Bradley Tempus is classified as a Mexican cigar. Those are good smokes too! Def on my A+ list of smokes!!
  • The LADC Mi Amor has a Mexican wrapper and is a great smoke.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Lots of good cigars with San Andreas Maduro wrappers (a mexican leaf), including the San Lotano Maduro, which is an awesome cigar. Also like the Tatuaje The Face, which has a great Mexican wrapper.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    kaspera79:
    lilwing88:
    I've only ever had the World Selection Series. It was pretty decent. And for the price, I'd recommend it as test-worthy. I wouldn't go out and but a box but I'd smoke one again.
    +1, I had a WSS Te-Amo and I thought it was a good smoke. Not a "10" cigar, but definitely worth smoking, IMO.
    Light 'em up.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    lilwing88:
    kaspera79:
    lilwing88:
    +1, I had a WSS Te-Amo and I thought it was a good smoke. Not a "10" cigar, but definitely worth smoking, IMO.
    I agree the Te-Amo WS is a decent smoke
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Then that's settled. B&M near here carries them and I will visit tomorrow and procure one. If it tastes like crap, I will retaliate. Thanks guys
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    also I believe the diesel unlimited has a mexican wrapper.....guys???