Home Non Cigar Related

BLAGOBAMARAMA

I know we have had some really good Political discussions on here before and I know we were all burnt out after the election.

So I am going to Kick up some dirt again...

What are you thoughts, opinions, or realizations now that this information has come to light?

Seems Obama likes to surround himself with disreputable characters. Not a good sign of sound decision-making. And these are the Pols he rubbed elbows with in speedy rise to fame. I wish they would have let Blago make the deal before they arrested him or any others that may have done wrong.

I am curious to see how this all unfolds.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call them friends and blogo admitted that Obama didn't want anything to do with his schemes, and called him a MF among other things. The senate and govt in general are full of crooks. Just like the mainstream media bringing all the attention to this or the fact that the auto maker's employee's make too much, but wait, what about the millions of the CEO's or the fact that shelby and paulson sold out america and american's to foreign automakers and stole billions of dollars to bail out their friends but crap on Americans... NO that would make too much sense. Now today we find out that a senior member of the wallstreet crowd has been arrested for fraud of billions of dollars. Oh they are falling but too bad they are people who aren't in the white house or certain senator's and congressmen.. or CEO's..
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Well, let's see. Prosecutor Fitzgerald -- who has never exactly shied away from going after big fish when called for -- said Obama had nothing to do with it. Blagojevich was mad as hell because he couldn't get any "cooperation" from anybody on Obama's team. Nobody on Obama's team has been linked to the scandal in any way, other than that they're politicians and from Chicago.

Mark Foley is a politician from Florida, so Jeb Bush is probably a gay pedophile. Is that how this works?
    urbino:
    Well, let's see. Prosecutor Fitzgerald -- who has never exactly shied away from going after big fish when called for -- said Obama had nothing to do with it. Blagojevich was mad as hell because he couldn't get any "cooperation" from anybody on Obama's team. Nobody on Obama's team has been linked to the scandal in any way, other than that they're politicians and from Chicago.

Mark Foley is a politician from Florida, so Jeb Bush is probably a gay pedophile. Is that how this works?
    LOL...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... im no fan of obama but i think he didnt have anything to do with it.

the only question now is:
    How much did Obama pay for HIS seat?

HA!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I think I'm gonna wait till the New Years sales to try and buy my senate spot... I bet I can get a good deal then if I'm there early enough!!! haha

I seriously doubt Obama was involved. He isn't an idiot, he has kept some shady friends in his career and was smart enough to distance himself enough to stay clean throughout...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I wonder what kinda perks the job comes with... I may throw a bid out myself.

young secretaries, dry cleaning, guaranteed salary, great benefits, can make money off of the American people...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I'm in.....

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    phobicsquirrel:
    can make money off of the American people...
    Sure, but these days, who can't?

I saw that somebody has already posted the senate seat on eBay.
    I'm trying too darnnit, but doing it legally takes too long..
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I am sure he was aware of a situation regarding what blag may have been doing. Obama's right-hand man Rahm probably was well aware of it at whatever degree involvement...he also came from Chicago politics...just smalls fishy to me.