Home Ratings & Reviews

winston churchill by davidoff

great smoke strong but expensive

spicey yet great taste

hope fully c.com will have some soon

go bruins !!!!!!!!

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    These are very good. By far my favorite Davidoff.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    These are very good. By far my favorite Davidoff.
    agreed. but still over priced. Maddy PM sent
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I agree, this was a great cigar and my favorite Davidoff. I didn't think it was so expensive though. I think I paid like $12 for one at my B&M. It definitely wasn't as expensive as a GOF or something.

I also don't think ccom will them in. My B&M said that there are only a certain number of dealers that sell them. It had something to do with being a premier Davidoff retailer or something like that.
    rdnstn:
    I agree, this was a great cigar and my favorite Davidoff. I didn't think it was so expensive though. I think I paid like $12 for one at my B&M. It definitely wasn't as expensive as a GOF or something.

I also don't think ccom will them in. My B&M said that there are only a certain number of dealers that sell them. It had something to do with being a premier Davidoff retailer or something like that.
    Typical Davidoff BS. Ccom doesn't carry any Davidoffs, if I understand correctly no "discount" places can. I'm not the biggest Davidoff fan and I particularly dislike the snobbishness they seem to promote.
    madurofan:
    Typical Davidoff BS. Ccom doesn't carry any Davidoffs, if I understand correctly no "discount" places can. I'm not the biggest Davidoff fan and I particularly dislike the snobbishness they seem to promote.
    Agreed, but the Winston Churchill is a very good cigar. You should break down and try one.
    rdnstn:
    madurofan:
    Agreed, but the Winston Churchill is a very good cigar. You should break down and try one.
    Read up a little further, The Churchill is by far my favorite Davidoff. I've smoked many Davidoffs and they are very good, just not my favorite. I even sent kuzi a churchill in my very first PIF here. I respect the hell out of Davidoff, especially their quality control but they aren't my favorite cigars and the snobbery they are cloaked with annoys me.
    Sorry maddy, i can't keep the posts straight. I think my brain is fried from finals this week.
    rdnstn:
    Sorry maddy, i can't keep the posts straight. I think my brain is fried from finals this week.
    Don't tell me that, lol. I just signed up to go back to school next semester. When I graduated with my bachelors I swore I was never going back. But work offered not only to completely pay for me to go back and get a couple certifications but they're going to give me some very generous bonuses for each that I get.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    sounds like it is worth the pain!
    Hopefully!
  • I agree with maddy on the pretentious douchebaggery (I just wanted to say douchebaggery) that Davidoff surrounds itself with. I would like to try a Churchill. The ones at my B&M are over a year old in their walk-in.
    These Filthy Hands:
    I agree with maddy on the pretentious douchebaggery (I just wanted to say douchebaggery) that Davidoff surrounds itself with. I would like to try a Churchill. The ones at my B&M are over a year old in their walk-in.
    Despite the douchebaggery(great word) you need to try the Churchill and actually you need to try a few Davidoffs as well. Davidoff is so consistent across the board you can smoke one or two and you'll know if you'll like the others. They all have a heavy musty/leathery taste and if you like it then you have found the perfect cigar.
  • madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I agree with maddy on the pretentious douchebaggery (I just wanted to say douchebaggery) that Davidoff surrounds itself with. I would like to try a Churchill. The ones at my B&M are over a year old in their walk-in.
    Despite the douchebaggery(great word) you need to try the Churchill and actually you need to try a few Davidoffs as well. Davidoff is so consistent across the board you can smoke one or two and you'll know if you'll like the others. They all have a heavy musty/leathery taste and if you like it then you have found the perfect cigar.
    I hear what you're saying. I just have a problem smoking more than a $10.00 stick. I don't make a lot of money and I have a hard time justifying it.
    These Filthy Hands:
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I hear what you're saying. I just have a problem smoking more than a $10.00 stick. I don't make a lot of money and I have a hard time justifying it.
    I'm with you there. IMHO you can smoke just as good if not better for half the price.
  • madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    I'm with you there. IMHO you can smoke just as good if not better for half the price.
    Agreed. I do have a couple of Fuente Between the Lines in my humi that I'm saving for a special occassion.
    Scrambler hooked me up with one of those. She's resting.
  • Yeah, I'm saving one for the day that I open my business next year. It will be a special day!!! The second I'm not to sure. Might trade or bomb it.
    Can you devulge your business plan buddy?
  • Of course.

Buy a truck, get a trailer and start hauling some steel and machinery! Pretty simple. Once I start getting some money saved I think I'm going to help my friend finance a vet clinic when he is done with grad school.
    Like an 18 wheeler? or a truck?
  • GMC 3500 one ton and a 24' flatbed trailer.
    Fun. Good Luck bro.
  • madurofan:
    Fun. Good Luck bro.
    Thanks, hopefully the trucking industry will have turned around by 2nd quarter next year. If not, it's not even going to be worth my time and investment.
    Thats the damn truth my Dad owns a couple trucking companies and 3 warehouses. Its tuff times man. Very tuff
  • What trucking companies? If you don't mind me asking.
    PM Sent.