Home General Discussion

New Nub

There is a new Nub coming out next year rolled by Padilla. I would like to try this but at a suggested retail price of $9 it might be hard to stomach right now, especially for something only 4" long. Plus, there are other cigars that I KNOW I like that are less.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Features/CA_Feature_Basic_Template/0,2344,2593,00.html

Comments

• tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    Yes I saw an ad for this in the latest cigar aficianado. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing a NUB yet but want to soon I heard they are awesome.

-Thomas
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Padilla is made by Don Pepin Garcia. I hope this means its a DPG Nub. If it is I may never smoke anything else again.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Padilla is made by Don Pepin Garcia. I hope this means its a DPG Nub. If it is I may never smoke anything else again.
    iduno... i may still smoke an opus or two. that combo will be good though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Padilla is made by Don Pepin Garcia.
    Padilla is not made by Pepin Garcia. Some of the blends were a collaborative effort between Ernesto Padilla and Pepin Garcia, but they have gone their own ways. Padilla is made by Padilla.
    I didn't mean it to sound like DPG owned Padilla I knew it was Ernesto Padilla's company but DPG's factories handled all blending and production last I heard. I did not know that had gone their seperate way. Thanks for the update.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I didn't mean it to sound like DPG owned Padilla I knew it was Ernesto Padilla's company but DPG's factories handled all blending and production last I heard. I did not know that had gone their seperate way. Thanks for the update.
    ::whip slash::: lol, yeah This is good news, though 9 bucks is pretty high.. I can think of several smokes I'd rather get at or around that price.
  • Think I'm going to have to smoke one of those :D
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    yeah, I'll have to get a few, but only a few.
    rwheelwright:
    yeah, I'll have to get a few dozen, but only a few.
    fixed that for you.
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    fixed that for you.
    ACK! Then I really might have to ask you to store them for me :-)
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    fixed that for you.
    Not a problem. What is your policy on items I'm storing for you being lost in a small series of fires?
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    fixed that for you.
    Not a problem. What is your policy on items I'm storing for you being lost in a small series of fires?
    My policy would be to Cry!
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    fixed that for you.
    My policy would be to Cry!
    Good Policy.
  • cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    tshaw:
    Yes I saw an ad for this in the latest cigar aficianado. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing a NUB yet but want to soon I heard they are awesome.

-Thomas
    Don't know if I'd consider them awesome, but right out of the box they're very nice. I like the Conn. and the Cameroon the best. Do yourself a favor, give 'em a try !