Home Cigar 101

Savinelli Cigars?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I was at a B&M in Oklahoma this weekend and came across three different Savinelli cigars. I have one of the Special Selction 06's in my humi. They had those and another blend produced by AF, but they also had one that is apparently rolled by Oliva. I picked up two of the Oliva-made ones (I believe they are called the R y R Series) and am fairly excited about them. Anyone else ever tried/have any opinions about the Savinellis?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had the RyR, could have sworn it was made by AJ by the taste. Good cigar though.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Great pipes, lighters, and cigars.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive only had the lower end cigars by them. i was not happy. of course that was 5 or so years ago. things may have changed.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the ELR
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

anyone got info on this one?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Nope, it wasn't one of the three I saw at the B&M.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    So have you tried any of those yet? What do you think?
    Still haven't, although the Oliva-made one is sitting in the top row of my smoking drawer right now. I will more than likely get to it this week.
    Smoked the RyR yesterday and the Special Selection 2005 today. The RyR hit me as being very similar to the Oliva V, but a little better IMO. Take that with a grain of salt, as I am not nearly as big of of a V fan as most here seem to be. Either way though, if you dig the V, I think it is a safe bet that you would enjoy this one. It also reminded me a bit of the El Cobre, which is probably why I think its a bit better than the V. The Special Selection '05 was a great smoke too, but I do think the RyR is a bit more suited to me.