Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho

Ok so I've had the '62 but can anyone tell their opinions on any of the cigars in the line?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Camacho Triple Maduro is interesting, strong but not particularly spicy. A good meal is recommended before this one. The robusto is my favorite.

I've had the '62 as well. I didn't buy the hype about the pre-embargo blend, but I'll be damned if it wasn't pretty fantastic.

Camacho Havana is medium-full bodied, a moderate spice and a good, old time flavor. One that I like.

I think that covers the Camacho cigars I've had, one of these days I'm going to settle down with the Diploma I've had for some time now.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    They have a honduran puro that I am interested in after reading the description on here. I saw the 3xM maybe a little too strong for my taste buds but you never know.
    Is that the Coyolar that you are referring to? If so, that is one I've wanted to try as well for some time, it is supposedly very full bodied though. As for the Triple Maduro, I don't think it would be too strong for your taste buds necessarily, but it is a cigar that demands you take your time and smoke it slowly, otherwise it will taste horrible and be very harsh, all in all though I think it is just a very rich cigar, and its strength comes through in that.

If you'd like to sample a couple of the Triple Maduros Andy, let me know and I can send a couple your way.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The triple maddy is definetly a different kind of strong. No spice to it at all, very creamy almost sweet but powerful.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've only had the 62, pre embargo and triple maduro. With that being said, I've only had 2 of the 62's, 1 pre embargo and 1 triple maduro so I can't offer too much. I liked the 62. Don't remember much about the other two. I have 3 each left so I get to experience them with age, etc...
    madurofan:
    The triple maddy is definetly a different kind of strong. No spice to it at all, very creamy almost sweet but powerful.
    I noted some spice on the 11/18 figurado, but not a good kind. It was almost like a cloying pepper that stuck in my throat, not the good kind of pepper that DPG is known for. But yeah, on the robusto you're absolutely right, no spice at all and very creamy. I will say it is one of the more odd cigars I've had, it smokes nothing like it looks.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the robusto triple maduro. and you're right odd cigar. Not my cup of tea but definetly quality.

THe only other Camacho I've had is the 1962 and the Corojo, I believe, the greenish label says Jamastran on the side. I like that cigar, nice spicy kick to her.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've had the '62 and the Havana, and liked both very much. Enough that I try to keep some of both on hand.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I really liked the triple maduro 11/18 I had at Kuzipalooza. I acquired a couple of the 6x60 not long ago and look forward to them.

I tried the 62 one day and wasn't too impressed, but it was young. I have a couple more, including a couple Pre-Embargos that I'm sitting on to try again.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive had the 62 and liked it very woody, a bit spicy, and had a fantastic aroma.

I had the Camacho Liberty 2006 and was a bit let down by it but it wasnt too bad. not really worth the price IMO.

The SLR maduro is freakin fantastic

Im a big fan of the Havana line. I find it spicy and a delicate sweet. yum. one of my favorite camachos

the Corojo is good but not nearly as round as the SLR maduro... not as creamy chocolate either.

the Diploma.... old school diplomas would put you on you ass. but thats not what made it good. It was similar to the Corojo but rounder and stronger. It was what the corojo line tries to be.

havent tried the triple maduro yet.... sorry bout that.
    The '62 I had was very easy-going smoke, nice and relaxing, nothing over powering.

The Coyolar is the one that peaked my interest as a puro. But with yours and Maddy's further descriptions I wouldn't mind trying one or two.

I will kindly take you up on that offer Jozer.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Bad Andy:
    The '62 I had was very easy-going smoke
    That's how I'd describe it, too.
    Bad Andy:
    I will kindly take you up on that offer Jozer.
    Cool Andy, I think I've still got your address, so I'll wing some out to ya.

Oh and pm sent also.
    PM back to ya. Thanks again.
    Dammit man...this is an outstanding smoke. Thanks Joz for the hook-up on this one. The more maduros I smoke the more I like them. This reminds me of the V mad that I had a year ago. And you can't drink anything weak with it eaither. The flavors stay on your palate. Comacho may be my number 2 brand now.
    Glad to hear you liked it Andy, it is a pretty outstanding cigar, and a strange one at that...I don't think I've had anything quite like it.
    I'm gonna have to buy a few to age and a few to smoke. It really kicked in halfway through and I really felt it in the last quarter. thanks again.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I just had my second one tonight - the first was the day after Xmas. I had the same impression - 'Bout a 1/2 of the way through - it turned into something special. It was pretty sweet and creamy. A very smooth tasting smoke, but very powerful. Really heavy in the hand and never a touch up either time. Great smoke!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have any burn issues with these?
    the one I had was fine
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    must have been me waiting too long, got to light up the other one soon and see. They are damn good.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Just had a corojo limited Diploma - great burn and a great smoke.