Home Ratings & Reviews

Macanudo Vintage '97 Maduro

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
I tried the Perfecto and I gotta tell ya; I really liked it. Never been much of a fan of Macanudo but, I liked this one. (I think the band is cool too. I just wish they cost a little bit less $. Maybe I should buy a box)

Comments

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I tried to add one to my order yesterday, mostly for the "band", but they are sold out for about a month, Andy told me. I wouldn't mind giving them a shot. I am not a Macanudo fan, per se, but what it lacks in strength and flavor it makes up for inaccessablility. I bet a lot of people started on handmades with a Macanudo who wouldn't admit it, today.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I had never seen these until I walked into a wisconsin gas station that had a cigar section (of nice cigars) and they had a box with 3 left. I really just bought them for the bands but they look tasty.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I bought some back in early October and tried one ROTT and it was great. I let the other 2 rest. I tried the second after over a month of humi time and it was better.
    The flavors is slight peppery with hints of cocoa/coffee and charcoal with a bit of sweetness on the finish.
    There was lots of good velvety white smoke.

I actually talked to "The Beard" about ordering a box a couple weeks ago and he told me they were all gone, but told me they are expecting more in March/April 2011.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    I bought some back in early October and tried one ROTT and it was great. I let the other 2 rest. I tried the second after over a month of humi time and it was better.
    The flavors is slight peppery with hints of cocoa/coffee and charcoal with a bit of sweetness on the finish.
    There was lots of good velvety white smoke.

I actually talked to "The Beard" about ordering a box a couple weeks ago and he told me they were all gone, but told me they are expecting more in March/April 2011.
    im loving this smoke , might have to get a box and this 1st one was ott, have already emailed my ccom man about if any kinda deal is avalible
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I've still got about 3 of these from when they first came out and have yet to try them. I do enjoy the regular Macanudo Maddy so i'm hoping I'll like this one. They are a bit pricey but hey you can save the bands and take them to the scrap-yard and get some money back. :P I think this one will be on the list this weekend.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Just had this the other day..it was decent...i wont be buying it again for the price but its just ok. I will say the last third was pretty full for me for some reason but also maybe cuz i drank 1.5pints of a heavy beer didnt help