Home Cigar 101

Got 'em cheap! But are they any good?

DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
Felipe Centenario Robusto, Palma Real Porky. Picked up both of these on the bid site, got really good prices on both of them, and some Indian Tabac Classic Arrows. Any opinions?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I like the ITC classics. They're pretty good morning smokes.

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Good, I was getting those for a good everyday smoke (aka: yard 'gar)
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the it classic arrows
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I third the Indian Tabac Classics, not the best stick out there, but a very good daily smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Felipe Gregorio sticks all pretty much follow one ideal: they aren't the worst cigars you'll ever have, but they're not going to wow you either. They make a couple good ones, but most of their blends are mild strength and mild flavor.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I had some fun with the Felipe Power XV cigar a couple years ago. I got one from another member... Captain, then went and bought a few fivers. They were rather pleasant. This is the cigar that converted me to full bodied cigars. Thanks Cap'n !
    well for what I paid for them I think it averages out to like $0.65 a piece or very close. So at least Ill have some everyday cigars. I get tired of smoking expensive cigars every day.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    I get tired of smoking expensive cigars every day.
    you dont. your wallet does.
    Bingo
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    DSWarmack:
    +1
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    j0z3r:
    Felipe Gregorio sticks all pretty much follow one ideal: they aren't the worst cigars you'll ever have, but they're not going to wow you either. They make a couple good ones, but most of their blends are mild strength and mild flavor.
    +1
    I have a box of "Frank's Way" by Felipe Gregorio. Dissapointing...the first one was great, but the next 5 or so have all had burn issues, draw issues and wrapper issues. They all seem to be rolled differently. I guess they make an ok yard 'gar, and I hope yours are better than these.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    alienmisprint:
    kuzi16:
    DSWarmack:
    +1
    +2! This is why I can't justify buying a lot of cigars out there....lol
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I would say those are all decent yard gars.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the Felipe Icon is a good smoke. The Pelo de Oro is also a good smoke. I think they do some things well.