Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

god of fire

I want to try this anyone have an extra?

Comments

• ill try and say this in the nicest way, but no one is going to trade god of fires with someone who is brand new to the forum who is not on the good traders list. Like many other people have said before why dont you hang out for awhile and get to know people better do a few lesser value trades and then in a while ask to try and trade for a god of fire.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    ASHTRAY is on the good traders list. I put him there after i received my end of our trade. However you are right about doing more trades and getting to know more people here.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    +1!!!!!!!!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you ask for a trade, Ashtray? You may have better luck doing that than asking for someone to just toss you a 20+ dollar stick.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    ASHTRAY:

You and me both brother! I've been looking to trade for these for some time now but I have not ran into anyone with extras up for trade.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    ASHTRAY:

You and me both brother! I've been looking to trade for these for some time now but I have not ran into anyone with extras up for trade.
    Hey didn't Joeyjoe21_8 just get some?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    SmokySuit:
    ASHTRAY:

Hey didn't Joeyjoe21_8 just get some?
    Well, I can say from first-hand knowledge he's not letting those go for SHEEIT! (I already tried! lol)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    yes...yes i did just get sum...4 to be exact....4 2006 GoF don Carlos ....will i trade them? mmm..maybe, depends if ur gf/wife is just that good in bed for a night!!! lololololjkjk. No i will not trade them, I have a very specific use for these which will be the day i get accepted into to sheriffs/police/correctional officer school, I will celebrate with myself, my father, my shop owner cuz he is just that bad ass, and yes, Hays. We will be smoking these with a nice bottle of Ron Zacapa over some dinner at a rest. called Suede Blue. So ha, to anyone who wants to trade! lol.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    The wife is pritty good but the g/f is better. You can have her, she's gonna get me in trouble anyway! lol j/k
    I was waiting for someone to post this comment! lol
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a few.
    i am willing to part with one if certain stipulations are met:

1) you trade me something/somethings that i have never had but has a reputation at or near the level of the GoF. i must know about what it is before it gets mailed out
    2) i get what you send me in the mail before i even leave for the post office to send you your half.

again, this may seem a bit intense, but i feel that it is what would make me feel good about doing a trade with somebody with only 19 posts.
    i am very shy about trades as it is, especially about super premium cigars in my collection that i cannot be sure i can ever replace considering the amount of age i have on a few of them.

im not looking to get your hopes up.
    there are very few cigars out there that have that kind of reputation that i have yet to have. unfortunately, most of the ones i want to try and havent i will never get to try. If you have or can get any of these i will gladly send you a GoF.

here is a short list, but feel free to throw out suggestions if there are other damn near impossible to find cigars:
    LFD Limitado I
    Cuban Davidoff
    Los Libertadores (LFD before it was LFD)
    Padron Millennium Natural
    Original Release Opus X
    Camacho Face-off by Litto Gomez

considering how few people are willing to give one up or the lengths you will have to go through to get one, it may actually be easier to just plop down the coin to get one of your own. you can get them right here on cigar.com.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

......Los Libertadores (LFD before it was LFD)........
    Wow.

kuzi16:
    ......it may actually be easier to just plop down the coin to get one of your own. you can get them right here on cigar.com.
    Yep, and all sizes are in stock right now (except the '07 Don Carlos Toro). If you want to grab a few to try the different sizes, the herf-a-dor sampler at the bottom is a pretty good deal too. Here's the link:
    Arturo Fuente God of Fire
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    one day I shall try a GOF.....one day.....
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I think I have a couple, not really excited about this one. SUPER expensive smokes never impress me enough to be worth it....
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I have some. PM'ed.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    meh, spend the money on the Anejo, Opus X, or Don Carlos Anniversario. the GoF does nothing for me in either blend. that's just me.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    RampMonkey:
    meh, spend the money on the Anejo, Opus X, or Don Carlos Anniversario. the GoF does nothing for me in either blend. that's just me.
    Same. Maybe it was a bad year, but I've had about a half dozen of 06s, both types, and they were all pretty underwhelming. Tasted/burned/constructed/smelled nothing like what a cigar in that price range should. Fuente makes much better smokes other than the GoF in my opinion.
  • docbp87:
    I have some. PM'ed.
    you have a pm
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Did anyone consider that Ashtray may just be f*cking with the forum? Some of you are getting pretty amped up over some new cat asking for sticks. He never responds back to his original posts. Looks like he might be trying to get a rise out of you guys. Why don't we just ignore him until he contributes something for the good of the forum? Could be ole blue jumping off again. Just my thoughts.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Sandman1am:
    Did anyone consider that Ashtray may just be f*cking with the forum? Some of you are getting pretty amped up over some new cat asking for sticks. He never responds back to his original posts. Looks like he might be trying to get a rise out of you guys. Why don't we just ignore him until he contributes something for the good of the forum? Could be ole blue jumping off again. Just my thoughts.
    +1 im done with this guy until he contributes.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dennisking:
    RampMonkey:

+1
    rossdavey2:
    Sandman1am:

LOL Im Hip to that.......... But Hey he has the approval of the Gods!
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Redtailhawkoz:
    rossdavey2:
    Sandman1am:

LOL Im Hip to that.......... But Hey he has the approval of the Gods!
    Hey Oz do you know when the new season of the sons starts?
  • ASHTRAYASHTRAY Posts: 34
    okay why would i spend my time doing that on the forum? I help run a cigar review website that would not be a good idea! I just wanted to know if anyone maybe had a stick and didnt like it maybe a trade?
    I dont understand why everyone on here is being so damn mean????
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    ASHTRAY:
    okay why would i spend my time doing that on the forum? I help run a cigar review website that would not be a good idea! I just wanted to know if anyone maybe had a stick and didnt like it maybe a trade? I dont understand why everyone on here is being so damn mean????
    Mean? In no way. Many of these gentlemen have spent years, yes years, on this site developing their relationships with others. They ask for a minimal of cooperation to be involved in their day to day exchanges. A new member must develop a relationship with the others before he can be accepted. This is true for any social organization. We are, theoretically, only avatars here. But all of our personalities eventually come to front. ASHTRAY, with less than 10 posts, hasn't developed a personality.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    ASHTRAY:

pm!!!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    beatnic:
    ASHTRAY:
    okay why would i spend my time doing that on the forum? I help run a cigar review website that would not be a good idea! I just wanted to know if anyone maybe had a stick and didnt like it maybe a trade? I dont understand why everyone on here is being so damn mean????
    Mean? In no way. Many of these gentlemen have spent years, yes years, on this site developing their relationships with others. They ask for a minimal of cooperation to be involved in their day to day exchanges. A new member must develop a relationship with the others before he can be accepted. This is true for any social organization. We are, theoretically, only avatars here. But all of our personalities eventually come to front. ASHTRAY, with less than 10 posts, hasn't developed a personality.
    Some may argue that he has developed a personality.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I, myself, once got off on the wrong foot on another forum. I jumped the gun without doing my homework first and made some stupid remarks. I stuck with it and cleared the air. Ashtray, if you're legit then here's some advice:

First, go over to the General Discussions and post an intro and tell us a little about yourself.

Second, maybe update your account with some more info and an avatar that represents your personality.

Finally, when in doubt, just ask questions. We're all more than willing to help out a nOOb.

This is a pretty tight-knit group of guys. But we're also very welcoming to friendly and humble nOObs. Stick around and try again. You"ll be alright.

Also, post a link to your website. This is a great place to network and generate buzz for your site.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Goldy:
    beatnic:
    ASHTRAY:
    Some may argue that he has developed a personality.

ROTFLMAO!