Home Cigar 101
Options

My 1st Man O War Corona

blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
Evening brothers. I smoked my 1st Man O war ever tonight, out of a box of the coronas I bought about 6 months back. It was pretty delicious, though I prefer maduro wraps it was pretty good for a habano (correct me if I'm wrong) wrapped smoke. I thought it was identical in flavor to another cigar I smoked 6 months ago, a Famous VSL dominican. Anyone else here tried both? Maybe its just the habano wrappers since I don't smoke many, but it tasted the same. I'm going to try some of my Cains tomorrow to see if its just the wrapper I found similar.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    original Mow or one of the other blends?
  • Options
    It was the Original Man O War. After thinking about it over the weekend, I think thats what people refer to as a leathery flavor. At least thats how I would interpret it. I'll have to smoke more habanos to get some more nuances out of it, but it did taste exactly like the VSL dominican.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my absolute favorite vitola of this blend.
  • Options
    I loved the size of the Corona also, and it has me wanting to smoke all of my favorite blends in this new to me size, if its available. I've smoked robustos & belicoso/torpedos pretty much exclusively since I started smoking 2 yrs ago, and after this one corona I'm hooked.

On a side note, I have 21 Man OWar's remaining, I would be open to possibly trading a 5 or 10 pack away for something new to try, but I'll probably work out the details & post it in the trades section. But if anyone is interested feel free to pm me.