Home Cigar 101

burning question.

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
I've regularly noticed that a cigar often increases in diameter as the burn approaches. A swelling. I would surmise that it has to do with moisture, vapor, expansion because of the heat.
Today I was smoking a La Pearla Habano Morado (Black Pearl) from a box that I purchased, and had already consumed most of.
About half way down, I noticed that the cigar was starting to narrow behind the burn, for over an inch. I drew on it again and it had an odd aroma. It tightened up on the second draw and then the whole stick just kinda sucked in. It would not relight. About half of the stick was noticeably narrower than than the remaining portion.
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Poor construction.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    +1.......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Is this what people refer to as a "plug"?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I think this is the opposite of a plug, more like a void
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Goldy:
    I think this is the opposite of a plug, more like a void
    That's what it felt like. A loose spot obviously was in the cigar and when I drew, it collapsed.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Is this what people refer to as a "plug"?
    a plug would be where you cant draw from it or its plugged up. this most commonly happens near the head of the cigar about where the band sits.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    They make a cream or a pill for that! Advances of modern medicine should help you out!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JZ:
    They make a cream or a pill for that! Advances of modern medicine should help you out!
    lol
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I misread, sorry. Fortunately I haven't ever experienced either. 'Course now that I've said that...next one I light up better be one I don't care much about...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I dont know what you call it, but it sucked. LOL