Home General Discussion

Cigars, accessories, and such on airplanes

So, I am getting on a plane Tuesday morning to travel to southeast Virginia for the holiday. I have yet to get on a plane/through security with cigars, cutters, lighters and such and was wanting to know how some of our more experienced members make it happen. Please impart your wisdom.

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I'm guessing you have a travel humi...just put everything in your checked luggage. Should be no problems. I have traveled intl without issues.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    cigars you can carry on the lighters and cutters have to be checked unless you are using a cheap bic style lighter in which case you can carry 1 with you but any torch style lighter must be checked.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    It's a sad day when you have to worry about "if" you can bring something on something you have pay for.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    So, I am getting on a plane Tuesday morning to travel to southeast Virginia for the holiday. I have yet to get on a plane/through security with cigars, cutters, lighters and such and was wanting to know how some of our more experienced members make it happen. Please impart your wisdom.
    I travel a lot for work. I've never had any issues but I always put everything in my checked luggage. Although I did have a humidor travel humidor very similar to this one that was bent pretty severly in a flight back from Italy, somehow all the cigars survived with no damage.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    bbc let me personally thank you for starting this thread lol. I am taking a trip to Florida new years and eve and was planning on traveling with some stogies for the first time, I was just gonna bring some cigars in a travel humidor in my carry-on with a jet and a punch, possibly guillotine, ugh you saved me from making a dumb mistake I didnt even think about it! :) i just figured eh bics are allowed so why not a jet lighter :) stupid me
  • I brought back a traveldor and some sticks from Colorado to Ohio. I didn't check them and they made it through with no problem. I didn't have a torch or a cutter. My punch was on my keys. Ironically, my humi made it but, they confiscated my shampoo, toothpaste, and bodywash... What a great 22nd birthday :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Well catchin' the rest of the body up with those filthy hands huh LOL-airport security can be a *** but maybe they thought you were goin' to clean the pilot to death.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Those dreaded toothpaste bombs...
  • Careful, I might be a terrorist who just happens to enjoy cleanliness.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Well you don't want to be dirty when you martyr yourself and get your 70 virgins!!!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    This is too late to help you bbc, but there is some well-intentioned but incorrect info posted here.

Cigars and cutters are OK in carry on or checked. Matches and lighters of any kind are NOT allowed in checked baggage. Natural flame lighters, and matches, are allowed in carry on.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    well, it worked out that I brought the travel-dor packed with sticks, then brought my triple flame torch and single flame torch and both a couple cutters. They were all checked and they all made it. I don't know what is allowed by law, but that's how it worked out.

thanks to all who posted and helped out.