Home General Discussion

What meals compliment your cigar most?

I know alot of people out here enjoy smoking a cigar after a good hearty meal. I personally enjoy doing so. I wanted to know what meals do you guys prefer that go nicely with an after dinner cigar?

Thanks

Comments

• tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    eh it depends on the cigar, sometimes ill choose a cigar after a meal that I think will have a pleasant flavor profile to accompany what taste the meal had :) Cheers! - Thomas
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    One of my most memberable ones...
    New York Strip
    Red Zin/Tawny Port
    Oliva V...this to me was an outstanding combo.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Bad Andy:
    One of my most memberable ones...
    New York Strip
    Red Zin/Tawny Port
    Oliva V...this to me was an outstanding combo.

this sounds fantastic...subtract the alcohol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    to me it doesnt really matter what you had as long as there was a bunch of it.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Kuzi.

However the most memorable combo i had was seasoned prime rib with horseradish, garlic mashed potatos, roasted asparagus, chocolate lava cake all follwed up with a Monte Media Noche.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I agree with Kuzi.

However the most memorable combo i had was seasoned prime rib with horseradish, garlic mashed potatos, roasted asparagus, chocolate lava cake all follwed up with a Monte Media Noche.
    Now that sounds great.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oddly, several of my best cigar experiences have come after eating a honey/whole-grain bagel with cream cheese.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I agree with Kuzi.

Now that sounds like the best combo ever.. Perfect.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    lobster tail/cheese bread/home style mashed potato's with lobster sauce over them and iced tea
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    but my real love is steak/prime rib
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I don't really have a food pairing when I smoke, it usually is just the mood I'm in. When I do pair food with smokes it's usually lighter meals go with lighter wrappers, and heavier go with darker wrappers, but I'm not saying this in the sense of light and heavy in the stomach but rather lighter and heavier on the pallet.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    NY Strip w/ Grill Lobster tail with mashed potatoes w/ carmalized onions and a Homemade Caesar Salad a Capri Salad w/ Buffalo Mozzarella and Beefsteak Tomatoes (appetizer) crisp bacon, fresh basil and tobacco onions White wine and a nice desert w/ coffee then a Rocky Patel renaissance to finish off the evening

"Long ashes my friends."

• Best cigar/meal combo I've ever had was an 8 oz filet mignon topped with shrimp and crab meat in some amazing sauce, with garlic & herb mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and herb-cheddar bread. That, followed by a glass of Dewars 12 scotch and a Padron 64.
    musiciannameddave:
    Best cigar/meal combo I've ever had was an 8 oz filet mignon topped with shrimp and crab meat in some amazing sauce, with garlic & herb mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and herb-cheddar bread. That, followed by a glass of Dewars 12 scotch and a Padron 64.
    WOW steak, quality scotch, and a 64, not bad sir...not bad at all :) - Thomas
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    tshaw:
    musiciannameddave:
    Best cigar/meal combo I've ever had was an 8 oz filet mignon topped with shrimp and crab meat in some amazing sauce, with garlic & herb mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and herb-cheddar bread. That, followed by a glass of Dewars 12 scotch and a Padron 64.
    WOW steak, quality scotch, and a 64, not bad sir...not bad at all :) - Thomas

yeah, sign me up for filet oscar and a Padron 64 anyday!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I need to make my signature Flatiron Steak and Blue Cheese Risotto and try out a couple of smokes with it.
    indeed you do sir indeed you do...and make some for me while your at it :P
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Last night after dinner I had some of my Johnie Walker Blue label last night w/ a Macanduo maduro. Excellent combo.

"Long ashes my friends."