Home Ratings & Reviews

Nica Libre Potencia Churchill Extra

kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
image This 7

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I stopped smoking Nica Libres about a year ago after a tried smoking one that had horrid construction issues. From your review it sounds like their standards haven't changed.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ztanner25ztanner25 Posts: 48
    Krieg:
    I stopped smoking Nica Libres about a year ago after a tried smoking one that had horrid construction issues. From your review it sounds like their standards haven't changed.

I've only smoked one Nica Libre, but it had a ravor sharp burn with no touch-ups or re-lights. Hopefully I'm not disappointed in the future.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ztanner25:
    Krieg:
    I've only smoked one Nica Libre, but it had a ravor sharp burn with no touch-ups or re-lights. Hopefully I'm not disappointed in the future.
    Mine was made out of grass clippings and stems. Tasted horrible, could only stomach 2 or 3 draws from it and then I was done.

"Long ashes my friends."

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Krieg:
    ztanner25:
    Krieg:
    Mine was made out of grass clippings and stems. Tasted horrible, could only stomach 2 or 3 draws from it and then I was done.
    This was my experience as well. Tried two a few months apart and still the same. I have one more of a different viatola that I'm going to try eventually, just to make sure.
  • To me, no cigar has ever responded as positively to aging as the original Nica Libre. I liked the flavor off the truck, but they burned unevenly and seemed to have some construction issues. After aging for a year, the flavor become phenomenal and the construction issues went away. Given the price, however, it's possible that they're just inconsistent. Maybe my box just happened to be the cream of the crop, for whatever reason.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I have on that has been sitting for a while. Going to see how it has helped tonight. Got another on the way in a sampler so I think it will sit for a good 6-8 months at least.