Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well it was a great day for my Cowboys with a big win over San Fran, just hoping they can carry that momentum over for rest of the season. In a few days they have Seattle who is pretty much a nobody team this year, but the next several weeks are some tough games.

My picks for this week were not as good as the last two but as of right now I'm 10-5. My upsets were The Browns over the Texans, I was glad to see Houston pull it off, but not who I was expecting to win it. The Jets over the Titans, I don't think many people saw that one coming, but I think the Jets have been an underrated team most of the year. Who would have guessed that Favre would have turned that team around like he has! Vikings over the Jags wasn't as big a shock, that was kinda a toss up for me. The Raiders over the Broncos was a big suprise to me! Denver just hasn't seemed to live up to their potential. Then my last one I missed was the Falcons over the Panthers and that was another toss up for me. Atlanta has a pretty good team and not real suprised on that one.

Now I'm just hoping for the Packs to pull it off over the the Saints. I like both teams, but I wanna go at least 11-5 this week. haha
  • capsfanxcapsfanx Posts: 29
    PuroFreak:
    Well it was a great day for my Cowboys with a big win over San Fran, just hoping they can carry that momentum over for rest of the season. In a few days they have Seattle who is pretty much a nobody team this year, but the next several weeks are some tough games.

My picks for this week were not as good as the last two but as of right now I'm 10-5. My upsets were The Browns over the Texans, I was glad to see Houston pull it off, but not who I was expecting to win it. The Jets over the Titans, I don't think many people saw that one coming, but I think the Jets have been an underrated team most of the year. Who would have guessed that Favre would have turned that team around like he has! Vikings over the Jags wasn't as big a shock, that was kinda a toss up for me. The Raiders over the Broncos was a big suprise to me! Denver just hasn't seemed to live up to their potential. Then my last one I missed was the Falcons over the Panthers and that was another toss up for me. Atlanta has a pretty good team and not real suprised on that one.

Now I'm just hoping for the Packs to pull it off over the the Saints. I like both teams, but I wanna go at least 11-5 this week. haha

Is there such thing as a big win over SF??? haha...J/K!! My NFL team is in the dumps this season unfortunately, I am a Jaguar fan. Living here in Jax, it is hard not to be. Season tickets. Oh well ..there is always next year!! (the motto here in JAX,lol)

• plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Bears in the playoffs, maybe?
    Well it was a horrible end to the long exciting life of Texas Stadium this weekend. It was sad to see the pathetic performance by Tony Romo... He didn't look like he even cared through the whole game. I guess we will see what happens next week.

On the other hand it was a great game with the Titans and the Steelers. I've always like the *** and I'm thinking they could very easily be the AFC champs this year. I do see them meeting the Steelers again in the playoffs though so it could be interesting. I'm just hoping the Pats don't make it this year. I'd be ok with with the Titans, Steelers, or Colts going for the AFC.

I'm thinking NY will be taking the NFC crown again this year and I kind of hate to see that. I'm pulling for Carolina and they have a chance but they have to figure out how to stop that running game from NY. I guess these next few weeks will be interesting!!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Unexpected Cliffhanger of the Year: will the Dolphins make the playoffs? Whodathunkit?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

if they do they draw the colts in the wildcard game i think-dolphs 3rd against 5th seed colts-i beleive this is correct- should be a good game

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Unexpected Cliffhanger of the Year: will the Dolphins make the playoffs? Whodathunkit?
    Bill Parcells, is going to make a fortune as a consultant. I read this whole article talking about how every NFL team that Parcells has been a part of has moved up at least 5 places on the most valuable franchise list, except the Cowboys they were already the second most valuable behind the Redskins.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    gmill880:

if they do they draw the colts in the wildcard game i think-dolphs 3rd against 5th seed colts-i beleive this is correct- should be a good game

With the Colts getting the 5 seed, they will play the winner of the Chargers/Broncos game this weekend since they will have the 4 seed.

I really hope that the Broncos win because they Colts always struggle against the Chargers. Although I am guessing that the Chargers will win the game to make up for that blown call by Ed Hochuli earlier in the season.
    I think the Colts are a team nobody wants to play right now, so IF the Fins make the playoffs, I'll be glad to avoid them.
    correct rmccloud-the 5 seed will play the 4 seed -I have no idea/excuse for why i blew the earlier post to urbi. i knew this but i guess too much going on as we wrer trying to close down for christmas.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Urbi, I don't remember.. Why aren't you a Titans Fan ( the sports team, not the Cigar)
    I didn't grow up here. I adopted the Dolphins when I was a kid. The regional CBS game often was a Dolphins game. Until the Oilers moved to Tennessee. Now it's always -- I repeat, always -- a Titans game. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

(Other than that, I like the Titans. Fisher's old school.)

• Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    I am so over being a Browns fan.
    Well Urbi, I'm really pulling for your Fins today! My Cowboys are a total joke and the Fins will keep New England out of the playoffs...
  • WOOT! Go Fish
    Thanks for the well wishes. Damned if we didn't pull it off, too. Astonishing. Now I can start hoping we play better against the Ravens than we did in the regular season, cuz we stunk that day.
    Congrats Urbi - maybe the phins and colts meet somewhere in the playoff mayhem......looks like we get the chargers unless Denver pulls off a miracle comeback
    Thanks, gmill. That would mean we'd both won some really big games, so, yeah, that'd be nice. I don't look for the Phins to get that far, though. I do, however, really want them to win this first one. Losing in the first round of the playoffs can leave a team feeling all off-season like the worst team in the playoffs instead of the best team in the division. I'd rather not make the playoffs than make them and lose the first game.
    Yea I know what you mean especially since the colts have lost their share in the first round
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    How about them Cowboys!!!

The only concellation to another dissappointment by the 'skins is an even bigger dissappointment by the Cowboys! Yee-haw!
    Urbs whats the feeling for the 'Phins going into this weekends game? I personally am holding my breath for my beloved  Colts...the Chargers are one cool talented customer.....although the colts have gotta a couple guys who can play...some Manning dude ...he seems to have some talent.....
  • urbino:
    Thanks, gmill. That would mean we'd both won some really big games, so, yeah, that'd be nice. I don't look for the Phins to get that far, though. I do, however, really want them to win this first one. Losing in the first round of the playoffs can leave a team feeling all off-season like the worst team in the playoffs instead of the best team in the division. I'd rather not make the playoffs than make them and lose the first game.
    Just be glad that you're not me. It's not easy being a cardinals fan. If thay don't win a playoff game then there will be a whole offseason of analysis about how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.
    Hey, you beat us, and we won a tough division. You must have something going for you. (Like, oh, a great offense.)
    gmill880:
    Urbs whats the feeling for the 'Phins going into this weekends game? I personally am holding my breath for my beloved  Colts...the Chargers are one cool talented customer.....although the colts have gotta a couple guys who can play...some Manning dude ...he seems to have some talent.....
    Hey, we're just happy to be here. Aside from that, the bookies say we're the underdogs, even at home, and I agree with the bookies. I mean, the Ravens pretty much schooled us back in mid-season, and although we're playing better now than we were then, I still think we're doing it largely with smoke and mirrors, and smoke and mirrors don't stand up too well against a defense like that. Unless we can pressure the rookie QB into making a lot of mistakes that lead to some cheap points, I don't see us beating that team.

I think you guys will beat the Chargers, though. I'm not a big believer in them. They got no toughness, no grit. If things don't go their way early, they'll fall apart. The only thing that could undo you, IMHO, would be Tomlinson having a monster day, which is possible, given that your run defense is shaky and he's now healthy. He looked pretty scary last weekend.
    urbino:
    Hey, you beat us, and we won a tough division. You must have something going for you. (Like, oh, a great offense.)
    gmill880:
    Hey, we're just happy to be here. Aside from that, the bookies say we're the underdogs, even at home, and I agree with the bookies. I mean, the Ravens pretty much schooled us back in mid-season, and although we're playing better now than we were then, I still think we're doing it largely with smoke and mirrors, and smoke and mirrors don't stand up too well against a defense like that. Unless we can pressure the rookie QB into making a lot of mistakes that lead to some cheap points, I don't see us beating that team.

I think you guys will beat the Chargers, though. I'm not a big believer in them. They got no toughness, no grit. If things don't go their way early, they'll fall apart. The only thing that could undo you, IMHO, would be Tomlinson having a monster day, which is possible, given that your run defense is shaky and he's now healthy. He looked pretty scary last weekend.
    I agree with ya Urb, the Colts should take this game but they HAVE to stop not only Tomlinson, but Sproles. That kid can be very explosive and if LT isn't up to par, he has a way of kicking in an extra gear and delivering... It should be a great game either way. DAMN I LOVE THE PLAYOFFS! haha
  • Nice thing about the colts is even if they play 3 quarters like crap, manning can turn it all around in the fourth. He's arguably the best QB in NFL history, IMO.

I will have the steaks grillin' and the beer on ice/or the buffalo trace or both and my manning jersey on and a couple of nice smokes picked out so IF we do win-it will be a great night........however IF we lose....steaks,booze,great cigars and you guys to commizerate(sp) with still not a bad night...after all I'm not in contract negotiations with any dang body next year !!!

Ha! That's the attitude to have, gm! You're a man after my own heart.
    bangalohr:
    Nice thing about the colts is even if they play 3 quarters like crap, manning can turn it all around in the fourth. He's arguably the best QB in NFL history, IMO.
    Arguably.
  • urbino:
    bangalohr:
    Nice thing about the colts is even if they play 3 quarters like crap, manning can turn it all around in the fourth. He's arguably the best QB in NFL history, IMO.
    Arguably.
    I like the argument. Of course, time will tell on that. I'm not passionate about it.
    Manning picks up 3rd MVP award today