Home Cigar 101

HCM Beads

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Does anyone use these beads? Their website says they work better than any other beads and use different material. I've been using Kitty Litter in my cooledor, but even after 2 weeks, my RH is not rising past 60. I would like mine around 65 RH.

I have mostly premium smokes in my cooledor, so I want to make sure they are safe and properly cared for. Yes the KL is cheaper, but after some time, they start breaking up and become dusty. I dont have much invested in KL, about $20 total, so not a big loss.

I have heartfelt in my 100 count humi and they work well, but I wanted to know if anyone has these and could give me some feed back. They are pricey, but its an investment I want to make sure that is taken care of my cigars. Over time, even the heartfelt beads turn yellow, and these do not, or so they say.

Any feed back is appreciated!

Here is the link: http://www.hcmcigarbeads.com/default.asp

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Never heard of them, so I can't comment either way, though I think that pic of the bead is a bit weird; if a human hair is around 150micrometers, then that bead is about the width of two hairs put together? Seems more like the size of dust than an actual bead
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Had some Natures Humidor beads, worked ok but you were supposed to use only their juice, not distilled water. Heartfelts been fine and I can get water at Walmart. Can these be re-charged with distilled water, or do they recommend something else?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    The3Stogies:
    Had some Natures Humidor beads, worked ok but you were supposed to use only their juice, not distilled water. Heartfelts been fine and I can get water at Walmart. Can these be re-charged with distilled water, or do they recommend something else?
    The heartfelt beads can be recharged with distilled water.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    The heartfelt beads can be recharged with distilled water.
    Exactly laker, I was thinking in the long run it's probably cheaper to get something you can use with water. I've already gone through a gallon of water, in 3 humi's, this winter alone. Anyway, I'm heavily invested in Heartfelt; it's too late for me zeebra.