Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Cask Strength-What is similiar??

bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
Need some help from the botls...please! I gave a friend a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II with about 6 months of age, one of 3 I had...he loved it...so now he wants some more, or something similiar. As I have only had 1, I am at a loss to advise. What else might I suggest? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I didn't really get much out of the 5V, but as far as similar profiles in cigars I'd reccomend the RP Decade.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, as I have only had 1, I am at a loss, as it was unmemorable and I am still at the 2 answer stage in my palatte development....'Like/Not' & 'A lot/sorta'. I will be sure to give him some Decades to try also. Any other ideas out there?? Thanks in advance :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    try the RP Cuban Blend. they both have nicaraguan Corojo and honduran in the filler.

of course i have not had that particular cigar (the RP) but the Cask blend is fairly unique.

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo

Binder: Dominican Corojo

Filler: Nicaraguan Ligero
    Jamastran Ligero
    Peruvian
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I thought the El Triunfador, however it's spelled, that I had was similar to the CS2. Your mileage may vary though.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hey Barry. I haven't had the 5 Vegas CS II yet, but every review I read talks about pepper, spice, and cedar in that cigar. Try out the Tatuaje Havana VI. The Havana VI has a lot of spices, black pepper, cayenne, cedar, and a hint of caramel. Also, the Diesel Unlimited and San Lotano Habano fit the same flavor profiles as well. I have some of each in my humidor.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for the feedback. Not had the RP, El Trum, nor San Lotano's... but I have & do have some Tats & Diesels. Wayne, I might have to give you my last one when we get together again. As your taste buds and palatte are much more defined than mine :) Always appreciated.