Home Ratings & Reviews

Padron 6000 - Anyone like these?

I have never smoked them but all the reviews were good and the price is within my range. Of course I would prefer to spend less but sometimes you pay a little extra for quality. Anyone here smoke these often? Watched some video interviews at the Padron tabacalara and was impressed. Now I am curious to try these.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I smoke the Padron 3000 habano pretty regularly and I love it, I've heard nothing but good about the 6000 though I haven't tried one myself.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I dig most padron cigars. The 6000 in Maduro is a favorite of mine...I try to keep them available in my humis
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    smoked my first padron 3000 couple days back at work but it was so dang cold i could not enjoy the cigar which mule lipped me big time!!! have a 4000 resting and planning on getting 3000 again
    By the way - definition of mule lipped-old country saying for being upset/mad/disgusted/agitated/ another words NOT PLEASED
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    By the way - definition of mule lipped-old country saying for being upset/mad/disgusted/agitated/ another words NOT PLEASED
    I'm glad you cleared that one up gmill, I was unclear there..Don't see many mules around here :}

lol-glad to help out Kas

• TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I am far removed from being mule lipped with the 6000. Am I saying that right? It is a great Cigar!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i agree that the 3000 is a good smoke. I have yet to try the 6000.
    this is a big deal because Padron is a "classic" cigar company. this means they dont modify the blend for each vitola to make sure they taste the same.

all that being said, i still cant imagine it being bad. the 3000 is good enough that the 6000 wont fall far from it in flavor profile.
  • kuzi16:
    i agree that the 3000 is a good smoke. I have yet to try the 6000.
    this is a big deal because Padron is a "classic" cigar company. this means they dont modify the blend for each vitola to make sure they taste the same.

all that being said, i still cant imagine it being bad. the 3000 is good enough that the 6000 wont fall far from it in flavor profile.
    I am really curious how different the 3000, 4000 etc., are when compared to each other. Maybe one day, I will order a few of each type and sit with a friend and try them out with him/her. If anybody gets a chance to try this before I do, please let me know. I am still impressed by the way they make cigars and the passion they have for making them. The attention to detail they have when making them is amazing. They are very specific about how a cigar should taste. Jorge said he couldn't recall anyone back in the day saying that spicy was a good thing when referring to a cigar, nor could his father. Today, a lot of reviews talk about a spicy taste. You can check out that comment on Cigars International area called CI theater. Some funny stuff in there with Rocky P. and the guy from Oliva as well. Not trying to promote another competitor, just wanted to pass along some good video content.
    dtrdwngs:
    I am really curious how different the 3000, 4000 etc., are when compared to each other.
    I can tell you this much, the difference between the 2000 and 3000 is quite noticeable to me. In comparison, the 3000 is 1/2 inch longer and 1/32 inch larger in diameter. What this translated to, in my experience, was a drop in overall strength but a greater complexity and more rich flavor in the 3000 compared to the 2000.

As for what you mentioned about a "spicy" taste, I agree that a spicy taste is not something I like in a cigar. I do enjoy a clean pepper taste and a strong cigar, but spicy is something that I view as a defect in a cigar. To clarify my stance, I do see a vast difference between a "peppery" taste and a "spicy" taste, they are very much not the same in my view.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I agree on that distinction, Joe. However, there are some cigars whose spiciness I appreciate. I'm thinking, in particular, of one you introduced me to -- the Camacho Havana, which has some really nice cinnamon notes.
    urbino:
    I agree on that distinction, Joe. However, there are some cigars whose spiciness I appreciate. I'm thinking, in particular, of one you introduced me to -- the Camacho Havana, which has some really nice cinnamon notes.
    YES! camacho havanna..... delish!
    I should have pointed out that I see a distinction between "spiciness" and "spicy". When I think "spicy", I think of a sensation that sticks to the palate, whereas "spiciness" is more something you would experience in the taste, but it isn't cloying. Know what I mean? What you mentioned is one of the things I really enjoyed in the Havana.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Now I'm not sure what you see as the difference between "spicy" and "peppery," cuz that's what it is, for me.
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to put it into words...when I think of "peppery", I think of the sensation that a good dose of black pepper gives you...which is to say spicy yes, but not lingeringly so. I know what I mean, but I think I'm failing at putting it into words...I really don't quite know how to describe the difference I perceive.
    black pepper and tobasco both give you "heat" or "spice"

one tastes like black pepper
    one tastes like tobasco.

they are still "hot"

this reminds me... i need to update my "developing your palate" thread...

Interesting
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Never had a 6000. I have had the 26 anniversary and thats a darn good stick. About a week ago a guy i met at a get together tossed me a padron and i will be damned if i can remember what it was...and i'll never see him again. It was great but i cant remember the band for the life of me....guess i'll have to smoke all the padrons i can get my hands on looking for it :)
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Jetmech_63:
    It was great but i cant remember the band for the life of me....guess i'll have to smoke all the padrons i can get my hands on looking for it :)

wish I had that problem...with that solution in mind!
  • I am dying to try these but I have about 60 sticks on the way and very little space to even put those. Can't wait to get a bigger humidor...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had the 6000 Maduro and it was a good smoke. Come to think of it, I haven't had anything from Padron that I didn't like... Just one of the brands I've had good luck with I guess... Them and La Flor Dominica stand out as a couple brands like that.
  • I wish I could get my hands on another one. I started one up that a friend gave me and had to put it down to go back inside and never started it back up.
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I tried a 6000 maduro today after a friend recommended it. I really enjoyed this cigar and will definitely be buying some more Padron's.