Home General Discussion

Putting a logo on a Humidor???

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to order my father in a law a humidor with his logo for his ranch on the top of the box.  Are there any websites that I can do this at?  I have a .jpg image of the logo he uses for his ranch and was hoping that there were companies who could do this.

Thanks in advance,

Buldogs01

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    You should check out waxingmoonwood.com. He is a semi-active member here and does some amazing stuff. I know he can make you whatever it is you are looking for. Also, I know cabinetmaker (another member here, just search for his name) is pretty good. Maybe one of those two can hook you up. Good luck, and post pics when you get it done!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    It would actually be really easy to do the customization yourself, and that's coming from someone with absolutely no woodworking skills at all. All you would need would be a Dremel (or similar rotary tool), sandpaper, carbon transfer paper, and the stain of your choice. And the humidor itself, of course.
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I recommend finding a company in your area to do the laser etching or engraving. Google it. As thin as the veneer is on some of these humidors I wouldn't risk digging into it with a Dremel tool.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Yea, Ed over at waxingmoon can do it. I've seen some humidors that he has done with the logo carved into the wood.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You could get Alien to ink it.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Can you borrow one of his branding irons?
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    zoom6zoom:
    Can you borrow one of his branding irons?
    seriously that would look cool
  • buldogs01buldogs01 Posts: 8
    Thanks for the responses everyone!  Think I have found the way I want to go.  Another question that I want to ask is if any of you have ever designed some of your own cigar bands?  Looking to have some purple ones made with TCU (the university) on them.  I have found a few websites that do it but would rather use one that some of you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for the answers!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    buldogs01:
    Thanks for the responses everyone!  Think I have found the way I want to go.  Another question that I want to ask is if any of you have ever designed some of your own cigar bands?  Looking to have some purple ones made with TCU (the university) on them.  I have found a few websites that do it but would rather use one that some of you guys recommend. Thanks in advance for the answers!
    Check out the Thank You Lakota thread, it has pictures of Greg's (cabinetmakers) work. He is an amazing woodworker and can make what you want how you want it.