Home Ratings & Reviews

A Fuente

Last night I had the A Fuente gran reserva, at least thats what the band says, now the cigar literally lept into my hand when I opened my humi. the construction was good it felt silky and smooth, but the cigar was a dissapointment, the draw was very tight like maybe it was soaked but my humi. will maintain between 65 and 68rh, which is what to me is perfect...my first thought was to chunk it, but I thought I could loosen it up with the clothes hanger trick, to no availe it didn't work...what little smoke I did get was very good, but the tight draw ruined the expierance....

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i HATE it when that happens. I had a gurkha that was too tight a few weeks ago. a cigar of that price should be perfect.

better luck next time. Just keep in mind that Fuente usually doesnt have these problems.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have never had a bad Fuentes. I did not think it possible. Everything of the Fuentes label to the many others that they roll Ashton, Montesino, Bauza, Sosa, and others and crafted with expertise. Don't let one turn you away or you will miss out on some great cigars. Try again. Try a Chaeau or a Double Chateau before you jump to an Opus X or God of Fire. Just a thought.
    i wouldnt call it "bad" but i have has some fuentes that were not as good.
    the actual label said "A.Fuente" there was no band, no ribbon, nothing on the cellophane. factory seconds. it wasnt bad, but they have made better.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I've never had a problem with the A Fuente brand like that, but prolly just lucky. The odds with how many cigars they roll it is just a matter of time of getting a lemon. I'm sure that could be true with any brand. I paticuarlly enjoy the sun grown and the hemingway series of the A Fuente cigars.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Dep, A man after my own cigar tastes. I have progressed to the Hemingway l Series and enjoy the Signature and Short Story most often. Opus X is a rarer treat for me because of the price and availability. The one I stay away from is the Candella (green ) but I enjoy a A. Fuentes a few times each month.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Yeah I haven't had any bad Fuentes either. But definately don't let that turn you away on them. Some of the best cigars I have ever smoked.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    After everything I keep hearing, I have really got to try a Fuente. They sounds like stellar cigars from what everybody here says about them.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Fuente does make a very good cigar. I probably don't enjoy them enough, but when I do my preference is either the Hemingway or Don Carlos series.
    as common as they are I have not smoked any from the don carlos line. i have one in the humi, it just hasnt caught my eye when i reach for a cigar.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    you are really missing out. the don carlos no. 2 and 3 are very good.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i wouldnt call it "bad" but i have has some fuentes that were not as good.
    the actual label said "A.Fuente" there was no band, no ribbon, nothing on the cellophane. factory seconds. it wasnt bad, but they have made better.
    Kuzi, that is a Fuente curly head. It is a short filler cigar very cheap, usually less than $2. Take that into consideration and its actually a pretty good cigar. I try to keep those in the humi for occasional smokers.
    i seem to remember thats about what i paid. it was along time ago. I wasnt into cigars thea much at the time. I may have had a 20 or 30 ct humidor.
    kuzi16:
    i seem to remember thats about what i paid. it was along time ago. I wasnt into cigars thea much at the time. I may have had a 20 or 30 ct humidor.
    My, how things have changed, LOL.
    with all that change i know that my palate has improved. I wonder what id think of that cigar now. I should try one again and see if i like it as much as i did then.
    Hmm it would be worth a shot. Let me know if you can't find them, we could arrange a trade :)