Home Cigar 101

Humidor Fans?

djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
I have seen several post with coolidor battery fans. I was curious where you find these things?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I picked up some Oust fans from eBay for coolidorasaurus. I picked up three butonly ended up using two. If you'd like to have the third one that Im not using (still in the package), let me know.

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    The Sniper:
    I picked up some Oust fans from eBay for coolidorasaurus. I picked up three butonly ended up using two. If you'd like to have the third one that Im not using (still in the package), let me know.

Yeah that would be awesome. I am reading that the Oust fans are discontinued. I will be lucky if I find them. haha!
    PM to you brother.

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Thanks man, replied!
  • Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    Where can I get the small battery ones?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katt68:

RV supply stores sell battery operated fans for use in refrigerators.
  • Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    jlmarta:
    Katt68:

RV supply stores sell battery operated fans for use in refrigerators.
    Awesome thanks
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if there is a way to use old computer case fans.

"Long ashes my friends."

Im sure there's gotta be Chris, just a matter of getting the correct voltage to em. Im sure someone will be along here to let you know how to do it - Im scared to death of opening a computer, so Im not much help.

EDIT - Just did a search, and it looks like jlmarta has used computer fans in his coolidor setup. Hit him with a pm & Im sure he'd ea happy to walk you thru it. :-D

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Krieg:
    Wonder if there is a way to use old computer case fans.
    This is what I did in my wine-a-dor (I used HDD fans to keep from blowing air directly on the cigars). Go to bombs-R-us (RadioShack), and get one of their replacement plugs that runs the the right voltage and amperage for the fans you want to use. Wire then together and viola, easy as pi!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    This is prob the cheapest option http://www.shopcrownhouse.com/product_p/15e5-scjoh15953.htm I have bought a number of them from these guys...