Home Cigar 101

Handout cigar suggestions

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
Next week I'm having a combination 18th bday/high school graduation party for my daughter. I'm not sure what sticks to hand out to the guys. I have some 5v gold mads, miamis, jdn dArk corojos. I want to get something a little nicer for everyone (5 cigar smokers) without breaking the bank. Please toss up some suggestions. Consider the audience liking mild to medium full. Thanks.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    White Owl - grape flavored.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    HMMM hard one, "Nicer" is in the eye of the beholder. I like the La Perla Habana Morado, It's a cameroon and a medium or the La Perla Habana Cobre, they're decently priced. Also, I really like Gurkha's Park Avenue, tho its not a high end cigar. How much are you wanting to spend per stick?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    mfotis:
    HMMM hard one, "Nicer" is in the eye of the beholder. I like the La Perla Habana Morado, It's a cameroon and a medium or the La Perla Habana Cobre, they're decently priced. Also, I really like Gurkha's Park Avenue, tho its not a high end cigar. How much are you wanting to spend per stick?

and how many for each person?
    One God, One Truth
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I just do 5vegas gold, RP connecticuts, or Gurkha PA. They usually go over well.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    5-Vegas Classic, or Gold is my hand out to those who don't smoke cigars but want one. Those Miami"s you have are good, but nicer could be a MoW. Cohiba's have been cheap lately and the brand name itself may get some nods of approval from the boys.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The most passed out cigar I know of is the 5 Vegas Classic
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Russ55:
    I just do 5vegas gold, RP connecticuts, or Gurkha PA. They usually go over well.
    +1 on the 5 Vegas Gold and Gurkha ParkAve as a good handout, never had the RP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    The boys have about 2 years minimum smoking cigars each so no flavored or machine blends needed. I do have some of those morado's as well, good idea. I'm looking to spend about $8 a stick. Thanks. Maybe handout wasn't the best choice of wording.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I love handing out Padilla '68s to cigar smokers. Usually they've never heard of them and love the flavors.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    I love handing out Padilla '68s to cigar smokers. Usually they've never heard of them and love the flavors.
    That's a really good one, love the '68. For the $8-ish price range, you could go with Ashtons, they actually have a killer daily deal on them right now, 3 Ashtons and 3 Oliva Connecticuts for $30.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Feurte or Oliva G Cameroon, those are 2 of my favorites to handout.
    I like the LHCOF because I can introduce them to two great things AJ cigars and a PA Broadleaf.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Anything AJ, Ave Maria are awesome.
  • Padron torpedo
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    White Owl - grape flavored.
    +1......peach as a safety net;)
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I din't think you will have any problems handing out sticks now. 88 headed your way. LOL
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id go with sancho panza extra fuerte if they smoke cigars already. they are inexpensive but have a good flavor.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    These are great and the price is reasonable; La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Grateful for this topic...it confirmed my plans to hand out Gurkha PAs at a golf weekend I have coming up with a bunch of guys who aren't hard-core BOTLs.
  • adrosadros Posts: 216
    Mow virtue is a great smoke at a good price. You can call and probably get them for about $3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    The LPH morados were the favorites. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • i like giving out 5 vegas cigars......ive had alot of responses with thr 5 vegas gold bullion ( 6x60), the miamis are smooth.....also maybe morro castle( they r on the single buy one getone free offer....two fro 6.50) ....mark twains( love the sizes) especially if ur outside with the guys, with a bbq , graduation party....a nice churchill will go a long way......a few nubs connies are nice too.....goodluck bro...
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    alienmisprint:
    bigharpoon:
    That's a really good one, love the '68. For the $8-ish price range, you could go with Ashtons, they actually have a killer daily deal on them right now, 3 Ashtons and 3 Oliva Connecticuts for $30.
    If ashtons are your handout cigar, I want to crash your parties. Just sayin!