Home General Discussion

Sweeter Smokes?

Hello, I have found a love for sweeter flavored cigars. I typically indulge after meals, and enjoy sweeter cigar as a sort of dessert. I wanted get some recommendations for some cigars that have less peppery flavor and more a focused sweet flavor with a medium body to add to my humidor.

Thanks

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Not really sweet but def good are the Drew Estate Java's-good after meal smoke
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Most maduros have a sweet flavor, in amongst others.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    many maduros are sweeter.

if i remember correctly the punch Gran Puro is a bit on the sweeter side. Im into the earthy-sweet thing. Real subtle and what not.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The Alec Bradley Spirit of Cuba is a nice mild-medium sweeter smoke. I tried one the other day that I got in a sampler a long time ago and it was really a pretty good smoke. I would also suggest something with a cameroon wrapper. I've had some that have a nice subtle sweet taste to them.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I would also suggest something with a cameroon wrapper. I've had some that have a nice subtle sweet taste to them.
    I was going to say the same thing. Try some cameroons and sumatras. Some will still have a subtle pepper but the signature of a sumatra/cameroon(they are the same wrapper just one is grown in the Cameroon) is the sweetness it leaves on your lips.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    La Flor Dominicana Ligero, definitely had a sweeter wrapper and the taste was fantabulous!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I've also found that a cedar wrapped cigar seems a little sweeter. I would suggest picking up an Alec Bradley Pryme with your next order from CCOM.
  • NSIOpsNSIOps Posts: 18

Has anyone tried the Tabak Especial by Drew Estate? How are the differences between the Maduro and the Connecticut?

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Haven't tried them yet, but I would suggest an Avo Domaine... nice light, sweet, and very flavourful. Urbi sent me a couple, and I was so impressed I smoked them both in the same day !!
    I must find more of these they were so good !
    I am so weak... good thing I am also very forgiving, I am able to let myself off the hook fairly easily. LOL
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I reccommend the Oliva G cameroon. Great price, cool smoke and a lot of noticable sweetness that lingers all over your mouth. Also give the Cusano 18 Paired Maduro a whirl, anothe great priced cigar that has a wonderful sweetness to it.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yep, the Cusano 18 Dbl. Maduro is a good example of a sweet maduro. Fine cigar.
    laker1963:
    Haven't tried them yet, but I would suggest an Avo Domaine... nice light, sweet, and very flavourful. Urbi sent me a couple, and I was so impressed I smoked them both in the same day !!
    Glad you liked 'em, doogie. The word that always comes to my mind with those is "floral."
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    urbino:
    Yep, the Cusano 18 Dbl. Maduro is a good example of a sweet maduro. Fine cigar.
    laker1963:
    Glad you liked 'em, doogie. The word that always comes to my mind with those is "floral."

Yup, that would be a good call Urbi. I also noted a carmel like flavor which what I thought of as sweet. They were VERY tasty, that's what I know for sure!!!
  • NSIOps:
    Hello, I have found a love for sweeter flavored cigars. I typically indulge after meals, and enjoy sweeter cigar as a sort of dessert. I wanted get some recommendations for some cigars that have less peppery flavor and more a focused sweet flavor with a medium body to add to my humidor.

If you want ACTUAL sweet sugary taste, then the Java by Drew Estates is the one for you.  The head of the cigar has actually been coated with a sugary sweet syrup, to make it taste sweet.

If you want sweeter CIGAR flavor, then I'd go with smooth and creamy cigars.  My two favorite cigars in this category are:
    • Cigar.com Brazilian Label - Not a very complex cigar, but medium-bodied with a very smooth taste of chocolate and coffee.  Like all of CCom's house brands, these have excellent construction and draw, and are a very good deal for the price that you pay.

• Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 - Easily my favorite cigar when I'm looking for mellow flavor.  Well constructed, good draw.  Very creamy, smooth smoke, with tastes of coffee, cocoa, and subtle hints of spice.  It's like smoking a cup of chai or turkish coffee, with LOTS of cream added.  Yummy.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Other than a drew estate or flavored cigar, a gurkha corniche is really sweet. Probably the sweetest smoke I've had. Honey, nutty, some mocha, vanilla, and "sweet" make up this puppy. It's a quiet warrior, kind of sneaks up on you, as it is a little powerful.